Author Topic: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?  (Read 12365 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »
Buying components in bulk provides better quality than factory loads could ever achieve (if you use more than 3 brain cells while shopping & loading), and costs arent even compareable. 

Look at just the differance between buying (50) Hornady XTP .44 bullets @ an average price of $19.99, and a (100) box of the same thing is $29.99.  Start multiplying that savings over 1,000 rounds.  Then add savings of re-used brass.  PERFECTLY SAFE by any standards (again, 3 brain cell rule applies).

People who care about their accuracy at all and dont hand load. ::) ::) ::)

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

People who care about their accuracy at all and dont hand load. ::) ::) ::)

That's not entirely true. I buy in bulk to load in bulk, but I also have the equipment to load for accuracy. I just don't have a reason to do it that often.

When shooting competitively, it takes a lot of ammo to work out what your rifle/pistol is most accurate with. When you hand load for accuracy, you can make the subtle changes needed to improve that accuracy.

I have components and powder that I only use for hunting (accuracy) loads. When I make 20 rounds of high quality ammo, I go out to verify accuracy, then the rest last for 2 or 3 years.

I could go out and buy factory, but except for something unique like the "Leverevolution" ammo from Hornady, there is no real reason for me to do so.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk