Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Down Range Cafe / Re: Biden End of Presidency Pool
« Last post by alfsauve on May 01, 2024, 05:48:56 PM »
Nobody. 
Burgers: I actually like Five Guys. urgers aren't the best, but if you get their fries extra crisoy and unsalted they're actually pretty good - and I'm usually "Mr. Extra Meat No Potatoes." Bonus, when I swing by on my way to a bus they also let me get lunch for our squirrel houseguests/tenants/whatever-you-wanna-call-our-little-buddies from the peanut box.

Wendy's - OK not great, as LONG as it's fresh and hot.

The Habit - Ditto Wendy's, main beef is the one closest to us is an hour away by delivery driver and the one in the old neighborhood I have to be halfway back home before they even open. One of the few places I can get a teriyaki burger.

Red Robin - our usual go-to.

Booger King is not helped by the gas in the flame broilers, nor the fact that Whopper patties have shrunk from 1/3lb to 1/4lb. I remember when being able to unhinge your jaw enough to get a Triple or Quad Whopper down was an ACCOMPLISHMENT like 20-30 years ago...

Fuddruckers last time I had one, a decade ago, was pretty good, except they're on the Blacklist for their aggressive Anti-Second Amendment (read, "Victim Disarmament Zone/Criminal Open Season") Bigotry. Whataburger last I knew same, and neither has operations anywhere near me.

Guess if I want something done right I gotta fire up the old school charcoal-fired Weber and do it myself... maybe marinate the burger patty in Olive Garden Italian dressing, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella and provolone. Or get a pretzel roll, use a rouladen recipe for the flavoring, and add Black Forest ham, Bavarian spicy mustard and Gouda.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Biden End of Presidency Pool
« Last post by Rastus on May 01, 2024, 03:39:27 PM »
Who won this?
Politics & RKBA / Re: UNC Frat Defends The Flag
« Last post by Diamondback on May 01, 2024, 03:39:01 PM »
Whodathunkit? Fratboys turning out to be the heroes America needs... I have a similar case of my own twenty years ago that involved a Wokester prof so vile even her union rep wanted her gone (it's a story but if I tell it you will be glad there's no such thing as Smellovision), and it's good to see that the torch has been well passed. :)
Politics & RKBA / UNC Frat Defends The Flag
« Last post by Rastus on May 01, 2024, 02:45:26 PM »
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/05/videos-pics-american-flag-defended-by-heroic-college-students/

QUOTE FROM LINK ABOVE:  "A group of college fraternity brothers defended the American flag at the University of North Carolina’s (UNC) Chapel Hill campus on Tuesday as pro-Palestinian protesters attempted to tear down the flag and put up the Palestinian flag. The fraternity brothers defended the flag for about an hour despite pro-Palestinian protesters repeatedly shouting profanities and throwing water at the college students."
READ MORE ON THE LINK. 

Good on them.  Give them a scholarship.  A full scholarship if they kick some ass. 

Persistent unpunished violence from only one side always results in victory for that side.  That's what we are seeing...except these guys drew a line for at least a moment in time being outnumbered by a paid mob. 

Phuck Palestine and the bastards supporting this.

Can the dementia king stick his bare ass any higher in the air for them?  He needs the votes.

Send the men at UNC buck or two:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/pi-kappa-phi-men-defended-their-flag-throw-em-a-rager?qid=487e19f2a2ef4e70186c14932a076b6d

I wonder how a "Kent State moment" would affect university participation in this nonsense?
Building America's Rifle / Re: SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND
« Last post by Big Frank on April 30, 2024, 01:59:00 AM »
Here are the spring combinations available for Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycle Systems. For rifle calibers you start with a blue plunger spring and blue recoil spring. If that combination is too stiff and causes problems, you go a blue plunger spring and red recoil spring. And lastly, you go to a red plunger spring and red recoil spring if you have to. At no point do you ever use a red plunger spring with a blue recoil spring. The plunger spring should never be weaker than the recoil spring. Here are 2 pictures, and I flipped a picture of the M2331 over the same direction so you can see how similar the end caps with built-in guide rods are. The multiple spring set-ups are different, but they both use multiple springs. And both use short buffer tubes. Mine is 2.5" long since I have the bolt carrier modification. Otherwise I would need a 4" buffer tube. I don't have the stainless steel spring cap. It didn't come with my rifle caliber kit, but I'm trying to find out if I should get one or not. It's a $15 part, which I  don't mind buying if I need it, but don't want to pay $5.95 shipping to get it.

https://deadfootarms.com/products/bolt-carrier-modifcation
« Last post by Big Frank on April 30, 2024, 12:55:19 AM »
When I put the Samson Swivel Stud QD Adapter on, I had to hammer the sides of the sling swivel clevis together until they touched, like this \/ to get the yoke of the adaptor over it. And I had to re-drill the holes because they weren't parallel to each other, anymore, and they were a bit too small for the screw. I also ground a little bit off the very bottom, and filed inside the yoke of the QD adaptor, just to force it all together in a Jerry-rigged manner. Despite all of that, the BLAM fit on nice and snug when I slid it into place, and the cross-screw went through the holes no problem. After I tightened it, I tightened the set screw on the bottom. Then after I was sure everything worked as it should, I took the screws out, used blue 242 Loctite on them, and torqued them down to 15 inch-pounds. They aren't going anywhere. Everything was good, except I could still see this \/ on the bottom of the front sight base from behind. So I squirted some black hot glue in the hole, and after it set  trimmed it off with an X-Acto knife. I had to do it again to fill a tiny void that was still there in the middle. Then I rubbed a Sharpie across all of it to try to blend the different shades of black together. If I didn't tell everyone what I did, I don't think anyone would know without taking the BLAM off the barrel and seeing the bent sling swivel clevis. It looks better IRL than it does in the picture.
« Last post by Big Frank on April 29, 2024, 04:35:11 PM »
This stock would make it look more like the M231. They have AKM underfolders and all kinds of stuff.

https://deadfootarms.com/dead-foot-arms/?sort=pricedesc
« Last post by Big Frank on April 29, 2024, 04:26:57 PM »
The rest of the pics.
« Last post by Big Frank on April 29, 2024, 04:25:24 PM »
I got the BLAM mounted on the bayonet lug and what was left of the sling swivel clevis I previously mangled to fit the Samson QD mount over. I put my other pair of handguards on it, and mounted my 1,000 lumen Olight PL-3S Valkyrie Rail Mount Light. It looks a lot better now. You can double click the light to get a 200 lumen low mode. After 7 minutes on high it will drop down to 450 lumens for the next 110 minutes, then 200 lumens for 20 minutes when the batteries die. The PL Turbo Tactical Light with Spotlight and Floodlight is on my shotgun. It only has one brightness setting, but after 4 minutes will drop down to 400 lumens for 116 minutes, so it doesn't get too hot. The 1,350 lumen Baldr Pro Tactical Light & Green Laser is on my 16" barrel upper. It will only run with the light on high for 1 minute, with or without the laser on, then it drops down to 500 lumens for 125 minutes, 115 if you have the laser on too. Or you can double click to turn it to low for 4 hours at 300 lumens, or 3 1/2 hours with the laser on. No matter what you have it set on, when times up, it will drop down to 10%. I put my hand in front of one of these light about an inch away and tunred it one. It only took 1-2 seconds before it got so hot I had to move my hand. It's a good thing the sides of them doesn't get that hot, they'd be dangerous.

I started thinking that this gun looks a little like the M231 Firing Port Weapon, that was in the M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle when it first came out. It had 3 nested recoil springs, and my gun has 2 recoil springs, but the rear one is more of a buffer spring. They both have a cap screwed into the buffer tube with a guide rod on it, and you have to take the springs out of both guns before you can break them open. Maybe this is where Ted at Dead Foot Arms got the basic idea for the system he made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M231_Firing_Port_Weapon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Bradley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuZmAtrRsN0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk