Author Topic: Thoughts and Opinions Wanted  (Read 9359 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Thoughts and Opinions Wanted
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »
  My number one choise would be a true M-14 but The local sherif will not issue the Class III. 

Why not get a full length M1A, even if you are going to "inherit" a SOCOM . Some of these guys on here have 5 or 6 or more of their favorite type firearm. or check out the Marlin Camp carbines in 9mm or .45 I think they are out of production but there are still lots of them around used, and they LOOK alot like the old Riesing SMG that was issued to Marines for Guadalcanal. I'm not sure if you can get Hi-Cap mags for them though. f course thereis the Auto Ordanance Thompson as well. You DID say you wanted something out of the ordinary :D

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »
Good question. I was considering the 16C folder as it looks light enough to pack when working in the woods. Seems like there aren't many Kel-Tec owners, other than pocket pistols, here, but I too would appreciate any owner's opinions. AND, Hillary hates'em! Another plus.    Mac.

I own a kel-tec sub 2000 and love it. It is chambered in 9mm and uses glock mags. I have had it for two years now and it has performed well. At the time I wanted a 9mm rifle to go along with my 9mm Beretta  PX4. I did a lot of research and was going to by a Ruger 9mm carbine but the cost was twice that of a Kel-tec sub. I ended up buying the the sub 2000 and I am glad I did. It is very accurate and easy to get on target. I like the Glock version because you can get 33 round factory magazines for between 30 and 40 dollars.

As far as the 16c, I have not shot one but when I was range officer at my gun club one afternoon, I witnessed someone shooting his 16c for the first time. He did not look like he was having much fun and kept complaining that it was uncomfortable. For a few hundred more, i think an Ar-15 would be a better bet for a 223, but, that is just my opinion. I bought my sub 2000 for $318 dollars and I have gotten more than my moneys worth out of it already. It is simple to use and can be folded down into a briefcase. also, you can put a surefire on it or another type of tactical light and still fold it down.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
how about some links? 

tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk