Author Topic: Tactical Rifle Alert... Shooting Gallery  (Read 12929 times)

r6rider12

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tactical Rifle Alert... Shooting Gallery
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 06:48:48 PM »
Way cool show! Unfortunately I live in California and the gun laws are so strict here I have no clue what i can and can't get. I would really like to get a AR style carbine. Any suggestions on any models that would comply with california laws and not ruin the fun?? :-\

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 07:54:29 AM »
I'm not fully up to speed on the laws in California, so don't take this as Gospel, but I think as long as they were registered with the State, there are some AR's in Cali.  I would check with your local gun stores or shooting clubs.  I think you'll be able to get one, but it's gonna cost you.

Erik
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »
Hey MB, don't forget the Saiga .308 AK. Being a die hard fan of Mikeys rifle, it deserves a look. 400$ out of the box, 20 round mags available, and a scope rail on the reciever, what is not to like????? If it has to be all classic military, you can have a gunsmith go over it later. Get one now  before the election!
Addict

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 09:08:43 PM »
Way cool show! Unfortunately I live in California and the gun laws are so strict here I have no clue what i can and can't get. I would really like to get a AR style carbine. Any suggestions on any models that would comply with california laws and not ruin the fun?? :-\

There are special makes for CA, which has their own AWB like MA, along with others which meet the crazy state restrictions. Like in CA i thinks you can not have detachable mags. Check this one from Bushmaster for CA http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_carbon15_AZC-C15RM4FT.asp

I am sure there are others so take a look. \

Tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
Hey MB, don't forget the Saiga .308 AK. Being a die hard fan of Mikeys rifle, it deserves a look. 400$ out of the box, 20 round mags available, and a scope rail on the reciever, what is not to like????? If it has to be all classic military, you can have a gunsmith go over it later. Get one now  before the election!
Addict

What is "Mikeys Rifle"?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:07:49 AM »

addict

• Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:30:30 AM »
Sorry Hazcat... Mikey = Kalashnakov, ie the AK system. Russia exports a sporter design with a slightly modified mag in .223, 7.62 and .308. Check out the rifles on the russianamericanarmory website. You will not get match accuracy out of one, but it will hit a popper and be very reliable to boot.
addict

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 07:21:28 AM »
Sorry Hazcat... Mikey = Kalashnakov, ie the AK system. Russia exports a sporter design with a slightly modified mag in .223, 7.62 and .308. Check out the rifles on the russianamericanarmory website. You will not get match accuracy out of one, but it will hit a popper and be very reliable to boot.
addict

Are you talking about this place http://www.raacfirearms.com/rifles.htm and the Saiga rifles?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:56:30 AM »
CAs AWB is very simlar to the the "brady ban"   in that unless the model is listed, its features that make it "evil"

www.calguns.net   is a great place to start if you want to build a AR( or AK) in CA.  Or you could just do what alot of people are doing these days, buy a mini 14 and do the 10/22 treatment too it.  In other words throw every thing away other then the hunk of metal around the serail number and build a diffrent gun.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

mward58

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »
PS...help me bludgeon Erik into a TACTICAL LEVER-ACTION CLASS for SG and DRTV!!!!

Michael B

Michael,
I agree! That would make a great show. Right now it is fourth in line for home defense use (I have 3 black guns fitted for low light conditions) but I would love to have some things to practice at my gun club with the lever gun. Who knows, iImight move it up the HD ladder right behind my 870!

Grizzle_Bear

• Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
PS...help me bludgeon Erik into a TACTICAL LEVER-ACTION CLASS for SG and DRTV!!!!

Michael B

Can I bring my Spencer carbine?

;D

Grizzle Bear

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk