Author Topic: Gaston Glock  (Read 1217 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Gaston Glock
« on: December 27, 2023, 05:03:11 PM »
Gaston Glock
(19 July 1929 – 27 December 2023)

Gaston Glock, the reclusive engineer and tycoon who developed one of the world's best-selling handguns, died on Wednesday aged 94, Austrian news agency APA said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/obituary-gaston-glock-man-behind-gun-dies-aged-94-apa-2023-12-27/
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
Re: Gaston Glock
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 08:51:36 AM »
The man was a genius. While he didn't invent the semi-automatic, he improved on it. He took a tried and true firearm, kept the best, tweaked some items, and applied modern materials. Whether you like "Tupperware" or not, you cannot deny that he was a driving force in the pistol market, worldwide, for the last half century, and the influence we forever be a marker post in history.

I am saddened that our "gun world" has not given him the respect earned and deserved in the weeks following his passing. Even more disappointed to realize that his active leadership has not been recognized in recent years. This man was driven and active, but mostly ignored. Which is worse, the media and anti-gun crowd marking Gaston Glock's death as a victory in ridding the world of a death merchant, or our failure to recognize the genius who walked among us.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk