Author Topic: The Dogs Of War. Photos Of Our Canine Soldiers  (Read 9877 times)

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Dogs Of War. Photos Of Our Canine Soldiers
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 05:35:31 AM »
FQ13, thought I did, top of the photos.

"The jumper works for FEMA but this was not a FEMA jump.  My source (other SF professional) developed the harness for the dog for the jump.  The photo is from the WFFC circa August 2004."

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 05:44:12 AM »
FQ13, thought I did, top of the photos.

"The jumper works for FEMA but this was not a FEMA jump.  My source (other SF professional) developed the harness for the dog for the jump.  The photo is from the WFFC circa August 2004."

CD
Just kidding CD. After all, I'm the one who Scullys conspiracy theories here on the board. I thought it was my turn to play Mulder. ;)
FQ13

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 06:29:37 AM »
Any reason for the Belgians? Are they much better than the Alsatians or just lighter? Just curious.
FQ13 who notes you still didn't answer my question. ;)

Stay being Mulder, at least a little while longer - FEMA is hyper touchy about their own security when deployed. My sources (1st Responders) who deployed to the Katrina aftermath were stationed in a large auditorium. The parts where the FEMA people lived and worked were patrolled - and guarded - by automatic weapons-bearing black-suiters. To protect FEMA people from the police and EMS crews?

Besides, CD didn't answer your question at all - about the Belgians!  ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »
Belgian malinois have all the good traits and fewer of the bad ones.  They don't have the displasia issues, as bad,  that German Shepards do.  Somewhat easier to train too.

BTW Malinois aren't considered "attack" dogs so if you have one, there aren't as many home owners insurance issues, like pitbulls or even German Shepards.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 11:18:38 PM »
The Belgian I have worked aroun acted like a German Shepard on Meth. Hyper as all get out.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:49:37 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk