Author Topic: The Government just took over the Internet.  (Read 8716 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Government just took over the Internet.
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »
Where will we draw the line?

In what one Republican called a “monumental shift toward government control of the Internet,” the Federal Communications Commission on Thursday approved a proposal granting the federal government the authority to regulate Internet broadband providers under the same law as public utilities.

The five commissioners voted 3-2 along party lines in favor of the proposal known as net neutrality. The 332-page plan, which has not yet been publicly released, bans broadband providers from blocking, throttling or prioritizing certain Internet pages over others. The FCC has said the proposal will not seek to impose any new taxes or fees.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/26/fcc-formally-approves-net-neutrality-proposal-in-straight-party-line-vote/
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

Re: The Government just took over the Internet.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 03:15:59 PM »
Censorship, are you ready to start using the rope YET ?

I was ready 6 years ago!!!!!! I was just talking this morning about how we will never get an elected official into office that will stand for the Constitution. This is because the 2 parties will never allow us to vote on such a candidate. For example, they are hell bent on giving us the choice of Jeb, or the Hillabeast. Just like the last 2 elections. McCain!?!? Romney!?!?! Screw the RNC!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Between the politicians and the parasite ignorant voters I don't think the public deserves any say in Govt.
We need a dictatorship that can restructure the Constitution on the lines I've described else where and repair the damage public opinion be damned.
I've even got a pretty good idea how to manage it.  ;D

Good govt is something that needs to rammed down the public's throat whether they want it or not (they won't )

All America's problems are based on 4 major flaws in the Constitution.
#1 The assumption that offices would be sought by "honorable men of good character" concerned with the best interests of the country.
#2 The assumption that voters would inform themselves and vote for what was best for the country.
#3 Not making the "Property requirement" a specific qualification for voting therefore depriving the producers of their control over the use of their tax dollars and placing control of the nations wealth in the hands of those who do not generate any of it.
#4 Structuring the amendments as a "bill of rights" when it would have been more effective as a bill of obligations.
 (EXAMPLES, The people have the "right" of a Free Press, should be an obligation to be truthful Brian Williams and any anti gunner comes to mind, 2nd Amendment says "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It SHOULD read "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the obligation of the people to keep and bear arms shall be enforced". )

"These United States", were never intended to be a "democracy". Democracy is nothing more than a fancy name for mob rule. Among the first steps of the new Republic, were those suppressing the rabble, reimplementing the property requirement and suppressing movements such as Shay's rebellion in Mass, and the Whiskey rebellion in Va.
Democracy in action has never worked , which is why the ancient Greeks abandoned it in favor of "tyranny".
The Founders knew democracy was a failure which is why they tried to structure a Constitutional Republic where the State had specified Powers and obligations and the people had specific unalienable rights. They knew it would not be perfect, they just tried to screw as few people as possible while benefiting the majority.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
Ok, here is my proposal:

A convention of the states.

4 new amendments to the Constitution:

1: A balanced budget Amendment.

2: Congressional reform Amendment to include:
   a. Congress may not exempt themselves from the laws they pass.
   b. Congressional Pay to be tied to National Median Income.
   c. Term Limits

3: Abolish the Federal Reserve, and the IRS. Go to a consumption tax. There is nothing unfair, and the government has no reason to know anything about your income.

4. Make ANY form of government welfare illegal.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:52:55 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:09:08 AM »
......... The 332-page plan, which has not yet been publicly released, bans broadband providers from blocking, throttling or prioritizing certain Internet pages over others. The FCC has said the proposal will not seek to impose any new taxes or fees.

It astounds me that people can be so in favor of this, because we don't even know what's in the regulations.

And they lie right off the bat.  With the plan running 332 pages, how many additional hours of legal time will this add to the expense of the "plan"?  That's a cost if not a "fee".   And how much time and expense will be spent by ISPs to prove their innocence?  How many unfounded lawsuits will be filed?    Since the internet, extends all the way down to each individual user device, how far a reach will the FCC claim?  Will a using company, say Glock, also have to prove that internally they are "net neutral"?   Will schools have to prove their firewalls don't discriminate?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 10:49:20 AM »
It astounds me that people can be so in favor of this, because we don't even know what's in the regulations.

You have to pass it to see what's in it.  That's how all great legislation is handled.

By "great" I mean horse$h!t and by "handled" I mean rammed down our throats.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »
Ok, here is my proposal:

A convention of the states.

4 new amendments to the Constitution:

1: A balanced budget Amendment.

2: Congressional reform Amendment to include:
   a. Congress may not exempt themselves from the laws they pass.
   b. Congressional Pay to be tied to National Median Income.
   c. Term Limits

3: Abolish the Federal Reserve, and the IRS. Go to a consumption tax. There is nothing unfair, and the government has no reason to know anything about your income.

4. Make ANY form of government welfare illegal.

Add an Ethics Amendment. As TomB mentioned in a couple of posts, the Constitution was written expecting Honorable Citizens would hold office and have the best interests of the country in mind.  To insure this have heavy penalties for any ethics violation or violation of the oath of office.  Equivalent to Treason should work. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:50 PM »
Add an Ethics Amendment. As TomB mentioned in a couple of posts, the Constitution was written expecting Honorable Citizens would hold office and have the best interests of the country in mind.  To insure this have heavy penalties for any ethics violation or violation of the oath of office.  Equivalent to Treason should work. 

Absolutely bar them from ever holding ANY position of public trust .
Not even Dog catcher. Should find some way to bar them from any kind of private sector position of trust as well. No fleeing to a position at Harvard like the Soviet spy Alger Hiss did.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
Absolutely bar them from ever holding ANY position of public trust .
Not even Dog catcher. Should find some way to bar them from any kind of private sector position of trust as well. No fleeing to a position at Harvard like the Soviet spy Alger Hiss did.

IF they aren't swinging from a length of the rope you got for your birthday and have finished the 25 years hard time. 

No public office.  No voting.  Life time probation.  They can get speeding tickets and jay walking tickets  even disorderly conduct and other civil offenses...but any criminal charges and they finish the rest of their life sentence. 

Make the penalty so over the top NO ONE will take office with intent to personally profit from it other than the good feeling they get from honest service to the country.

Also, I think Tom's 2 point....knowledgeable electorate will tend to take care of itself when welfare is eliminated.  If your survival depends upon earning enough to feed yourself likely you will be anxious to learn as much as you can about everything that affects job availability and quality and where any money you earn that does not show up in your wallet is going and why the hell it is going there.

At one time I was toying with the idea of politicians wearing a remote controlled exploding collar and each day, their constitutes vote thumbs up or thumbs down and a long streak of too many thumbs down would explode the collar.   But the system would to too susceptible to fraudulent votes and those collars are too expensive to waste.   ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk