Author Topic: Wifey!  (Read 13126 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Wifey!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 07:33:58 PM »
I've seen a life size statue of Paul up in Maine. 

He is 31ft tall..just right   ;D

http://bangorinfo.com/Focus/focus_paul_bunyan.html

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »
Timothy, we heard of them two all the way down here in Ohio!  Ever heard of our local legend Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman)?

Richard

PS:  Thanks for the update and continued prayers.

Actually Richard, Johnny Appleseed was born in Leominster, MA!  I just moved out of that town in June!

And thanks for the prayers...

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
Actually Paul Bunyan started out in Me.
The reason the Towns and cities have the same names on both coasts, ( Bangor, Portland, etc ) is because the loggers started in Maine, cut their way across the continent, then turned around and came back.
And they did it with axes and crosscut saws.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Timothy,

At least once a school year (sometimes more) in Elementary School we got/had to watch a film strip about JA and his exploits in Ohio!  Teacher made it seem like he was one of Ohio's greatest!!!!!  Better than doing English or math I guess!  LOL

Richard

PS:  Are you old enough to know what a film strip is?
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
Down to one Vicodin from two as she needs it...

Doing well so far..  No longer using the walker either!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:05:02 AM »

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »
Good to hear.  Prayers sent to keep the good news coming.   :)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Great Timothy!

Losing the walker is a boost.....even if you have to hobble along, you are doing it on your own.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »
Timothy,

At least once a school year (sometimes more) in Elementary School we got/had to watch a film strip about JA and his exploits in Ohio!  Teacher made it seem like he was one of Ohio's greatest!!!!!  Better than doing English or math I guess!  LOL

Richard

PS:  Are you old enough to know what a film strip is?

Some of us are so old we remember when the Black boards were actually black .

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:03 PM »
Timothy,

At least once a school year (sometimes more) in Elementary School we got/had to watch a film strip about JA and his exploits in Ohio!  Teacher made it seem like he was one of Ohio's greatest!!!!!  Better than doing English or math I guess!  LOL

Richard

PS:  Are you old enough to know what a film strip is?

I do...I think I saw one at a Bachelor Party.   ;D ;D
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk