Author Topic: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two  (Read 23435 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This Rabbit Could Use a Prayer or Two
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:02 AM »
All the best mate. I will think of you while having  a beer for you
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
All the best mate. I will think of you while having  a beer for you

It would have been 2 but Phil is cutting back, so he isn't going to have one he'll just drink yours .  ;D

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
CR, praying for the easy route and a speedy recovery. My doctor says that yours is an easy operation and not to sweat it because all should come out fine...oops, didn't mean to say that!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
Praying for you in advance, and will remember as the procedure takes place.

Please give us an update on Monday confirming all is still on track or for any changes.  Maybe you could even recruit that old cat or his spawn to give us a quick post surgery update until you are up to it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »
Coming in here late, but I hope all goes and gets well Crusader.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:42:59 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 09:33:53 AM »
Still with you, CR.

Things might be wrapped up by now.

Still  hoping for the easy way with this.

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:21 PM »
Prayers continue.  Hope to hear the good word soon!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Any word from Mr. Cottontail anybody?

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »
I can not express my depth of gratitude for the prayerful support. 

They tried to do it with the laparoscope but my BP fell to dangerously low levels and they had to go conventional.  I am now well and truly gut cut. Starts about six inches below and to the outside of left nipple and extends all across to similar place on the right.

Turned out nearly my entire stomach had migrated north of my diaphragm to surround my heart and press against my left lung.  Always knew those illegal immigrants would cause trouble.  This one like to killed me.  Watch that southern border,guys.

Anyway, when I came-to I was told I'd be on the ICU ward for a day then on the  ASU ward for a week to 10 days.  They gave me a copy of the waypoints they were looking for--like able to get out of bed unassisted, making water, making bowel sounds, breaking wind, making a BM, swallowing water,swallowing flavorful liquids (liars,not much flavor), swallowing thick liquids (like Ensure or Boost) and a few other things I don't recall.

I set each one up as a target and knocked it down as quickly as I could.  Knocked the final one down this morning at 8 and got out today at 2.

I'll fill in some more blanks when a better bond forms between mind and fingers.

But, your prayerful support and God's grace got me through (and a thoughtful pharmacist got me some excellent drugs).

Thanks, fellows,
CR
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
Great News, CR  :D :D :D

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk