Author Topic: Setting up the DRTV forum in different categories  (Read 5584 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Setting up the DRTV forum in different categories
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
Hi folks!

With more members and different topics, it is time to separate the posts in different categories.

I invite you all to come up with suggestions on how you want this forum to be categorized. I do have some suggestions on my own, but I would like to have your opinion as a forum member before I start on this.

THANKS in advance.

joemerchant24

• Active Forum Member
    • Joe's Crabby Shack
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Setting up the DRTV forum in different categories
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »
I advocate we have both kinds of forums: Country and Western.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »

Marshal
You could have Handgun sections for Personal protection/ Home Defense, Target, Hunting,Plinking. Then Rifle & Shotgun sections with the same. Maybe a Gun Rights section for any issues that would effect gun owners.
How is that for starters?  ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
I understand where you are coming from, but I would suggest not splitting into categories.  Every forum I visit that has categorized as caused a loss of contact between people.  What I see is that if there are five categories most people will visit two or three on a regular basis, and not the other two or three.  Pretty soon some people that used to discuss and debate lose contact with each other.  I actually just came off one forum that went from two to five categories about six months ago.  At first the visits remained the same, but the posts dropped off.  Now the visits are dropping as well, and I was just noting that there are about half a dozen of the former strongest visitors that I have not heard from all fall.

DAMN  GROWING  PAINS!!!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:30:24 PM »
Marshal, give us some of your ideas and maybe we can tweek them or maybe they will help us brainstorm.

Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:31:57 PM »

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
I DO NOT want this forum to be like all the others. The catagories are just fine.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:18:09 PM »

Marshal, give us some of your ideas and maybe we can tweek them or maybe they will help us brainstorm.

The only suggestion I have so far is this:

Change the name of General Discussion into something else and move it to the top of forum index page.

Have one board for "Guns"
One for Politics and Second Amendment.

That's it.

I have different experiences with forum administration. As mentioned above, too many categories might lead to confusion, especially on a forum where gun owners in general are welcome.

AND..... I won't fix it, if it ain't broken. However, keep the feedback comin' !!!

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:21:02 AM »
It's fine the way it is.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 01:00:24 AM »
The only suggestion I have so far is this:

Change the name of General Discussion into something else and move it to the top of forum index page.

Have one board for "Guns"
One for Politics and Second Amendment.

That's it.

I have different experiences with forum administration. As mentioned above, too many categories might lead to confusion, especially on a forum where gun owners in general are welcome.

AND..... I won't fix it, if it ain't broken. However, keep the feedback comin' !!!

Sounds like a good idea that shouldn't spread things too slim.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:45:44 AM »
Sounds like your undecided...If it ain't broke.....
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk