Author Topic: Cops raid wrong house  (Read 10059 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cops raid wrong house
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
Gunman,

I have a really hard time coming up with a reason for no knocks. 

If they are bad guys with guns, wait for them to come out and then arrest them.  If they have a hostage, well I don't see a need at that point as the house should be surrounded and the bull horns blasting BEFORE a 'dynamic entry".

Certainly drugs are NOT a reason to possibly endanger either innocents or police in this type of raid.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
Gunman,

I have a really hard time coming up with a reason for no knocks. 

If they are bad guys with guns, wait for them to come out and then arrest them.  If they have a hostage, well I don't see a need at that point as the house should be surrounded and the bull horns blasting BEFORE a 'dynamic entry".

Certainly drugs are NOT a reason to possibly endanger either innocents or police in this type of raid.
Haz, There is a huge tacital advantage in no knocks. #1 Catch them off guard in the middle of the night and unprepaired to fight back. #2 Catch all the rats in one den. But they MUST be sure that there are on innocent people there, and it MUST be the right door that there breaking down!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 05:42:42 PM »
yea lets play nice and see who you call the next time your in trouble, a cop or a English teacher!
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 08:16:43 PM »
Yes, I understand the tactical advantage (10 years  military 73 -83), but I do not see why we need it for drugs.  If you are sure a kidnap victim is in the house then I'll give you a go depending on the situation.  But for drugs, or armed robbery suspect or even a murder suspect I see no reason.  He will go to the store at some point or you can simply surround and wait.  He isn't going anywhere and he can't hurt any one else.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 10:27:55 PM »
yea lets play nice and see who you call the next time your in trouble, a cop or a English teacher!
That's GREAT!! I can't stop laughing!!!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:54:29 PM »

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
Quote from: Hazmatlink=topic=1078.msg9409#msg9409 date=1198376203
Yes, I understand the tactical advantage (10 years  military 73 -83), but I do not see why we need it for drugs.  If you are sure a kidnap victim is in the house then I'll give you a go depending on the situation.  But for drugs, or armed robbery suspect or even a murder suspect I see no reason.  He will go to the store at some point or you can simply surround and wait.  He isn't going anywhere and he can't hurt any one else.

Does the military wait until the bad guy comes out, no innocents hurt, always the right info. Do you think drug lords are any better than kidnappers murders rapist, do you know that most of the aforementioned are doing these crimes because of drugs or the need of them. Just wait them out? I'm not going to get into that political pile of#@$!. I respect what all of you have had to say but  we (most of us) strive to make sure people are safe and don't think that people suffer consciouses when things go bad. All I'm saying is nobody and I MEAN nobody is perfect, if you are ,you do the job, lets see you go through  the door. P.I.G. Pride Integrity Guts! And that is the last I have to say on this matter.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 10:05:21 AM »
Does the military wait until the bad guy comes out, no innocents hurt, always the right info. Do you think drug lords are any better than kidnappers murders rapist, do you know that most of the aforementioned are doing these crimes because of drugs or the need of them. Just wait them out? I'm not going to get into that political pile of#@$!. I respect what all of you have had to say but  we (most of us) strive to make sure people are safe and don't think that people suffer consciouses when things go bad. All I'm saying is nobody and I MEAN nobody is perfect, if you are ,you do the job, lets see you go through  the door. P.I.G. Pride Integrity Guts! And that is the last I have to say on this matter.
Here! Here! It's a tough enough job without all the Monday moring quarterbacks (especially the media!) coming out of the woodwork. Every situation is different! They can't account for every possible problem!  Remember you only ever hear when things go wrong NEVER when they go right!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »
The police are not the military.  And I believe in the 4th amendment just as stongly as I do the 2nd amendment.

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »
The police are not the military.  And I believe in the 4th amendment just as stongly as I do the 2nd amendment.
The 4th Amendment guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, and was originally designed as a response to the controversial writs of assistance (a type of general search warrant) I too believe in the 4th amendment. I believe we are talking about legal warrants here. I also believe that if your child had to walk by a crack house to and from school everyday, you might just have a different few on those type of raids.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
The 4th Amendment guards against unreasonable searches and seizures, and was originally designed as a response to the controversial writs of assistance (a type of general search warrant) I too believe in the 4th amendment. I believe we are talking about legal warrants here. I also believe that if your child had to walk by a crack house to and from school everyday, you might just have a different few on those type of raids.

[Amendment IV]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Breaking down my door on a no knock sounds very unreasonable to me.  Yes. of course the warrents are legal, that doesn't mean they are constitutional in my view (Same as many of our thoughts on 2A Laws).

My son does ride by a crack house on his way to school.  As a matter of fact I live near one.  We are working on getting the problem solved.  How?  The neighbors and I are on a constant watch, taking pictures and license plate numbers, etc.  We are also resolved in the idea that a midnight raid is NOT the way to handle it.  Too dangerous for everyone.

Have you ever seen this map?

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk