Author Topic: Taurus PT145  (Read 2754 times)

kf

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Taurus PT145
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:17:47 PM »
Still after the "holey grail"... small carry gun, large capacity, and .45 ACP.

I carry a sig 239 in. 9mm. I seem to always be looking for the larger cal gun.  I have a full size Ruger .45  (too big to carry, but that is another thread).

I found the Taurus PT 145. holds 10 +1, .45 acp. Weights the same loaded to my fully loaded sig, BUT two more rounds and .45 ACP.

I know it is comparing apples to oranges.. But that is what forums are for. Getting info and adviceā€¦.

Is moving to the Taurus a mistake? Should I just be happy with my sig? Or is the Taurus a valid option.....

Any and all advice is truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Be safe.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Taurus PT145
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:40:34 AM »
I've heard good things about the PT145. A friend of mine has one in .40 and he likes it real well. If I didn't already have my Glock 30, I'd probably get one off those myself. And if it for some reeason doesn't suit you, you can always sell it to the next guy who wants one. I mean, I'm sure you know the Taurus isn't gonna be on par with the Sig. But everything I've heard says it's a good reliable piece.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
There's an old saying " Get it done with what's in the gun."  So more rounds can't hurt! Plus a 45's pretty good too!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »
I have a PT 140 ,my EDC , no complaints, very accurate. Have heard the 145s are also good. I may go to a 145 soon to keep all my ammo the same.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk