Author Topic: Biometrics  (Read 2350 times)

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Biometrics
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:19:15 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/21/AR2007122102544_pf.html

Gee, anyone remember the traffic checkpoint out west from a few months ago?  Here we go...
 >:(

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Biometrics
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:36:39 AM »
It doesn't take too much imagination to guess that the road-side stops were intended to collect data to confirm or veryify the accuracy of the mathematical algorithms used in the biometrics. And collect the DNA data to match the metrics, as mentioned in the article.

There are so many of the "black ops" going on, an opinion based solely on the tip of the icebergs that occasionally pop up like this one, that we may already be in serious trouble. I would suggest we all go re-read 1984 and Animal Farm as wee reminders of just where we are headed.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:53 AM »
One other thing. FTA:

"The long-term goal," Hornak said, is "ubiquitous use" of biometrics. A traveler may walk down an airport corridor and allow his face and iris images to be captured without ever stepping up to a kiosk and looking into a camera, he said.

"That's the key," he said. "You've chosen it. You have chosen to say, 'Yeah, I want this place to recognize me.' "

Why should we be forced to even decide I want this place to recognize me, especially a public place? This is from an egghead college guy too, not a Fed.

Reminds me of that wonderful line from Jurassic Park - Your scientists were so concerned about whether they could, that they never asked if they should!

Amen.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:15:31 AM »
I agree with Pathfinder , but who and how would stop them. Unfortunately I think the government. :'( :'(
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »
I agree with Pathfinder , but who and how would stop them. Unfortunately I think the government. :'( :'(

True, sadly, since they created this monster. But here's an idea - how about the people? Let the people fix it. Elect something more than self-aggrandizing lumps into Congress, people who will clean out the bloated bureaucracy, people who will remember that it is their privilege to serve, not their right. And  people who will not do stupid, "re-elect me!" things like put over 9,000 pork barrel earmarks into a 10,000 page budget. And a citizenry who will look past the "Oh goody, look at all the Federal cheese we got" and vote these morons out of office when they do that.

Novel concept, I agree.

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:13:32 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk