Author Topic: A Christmas Song for the North from the (toasty) South  (Read 3902 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Christmas Song for the North from the (toasty) South
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 12:23:52 AM »
Pretty chilly here, too.  Down to 61 last night and at 11 am it's only 68!   :-*

Well excuse me while I get my swimming suit out of the storage tote.. ::)
Jeepers.... 68 I could live with permanently..

Today's high (in our area) was 28, with  strong north straight winds that  burnt your nose and lungs when you were breathing.
( which is something that I seem to have to do when I am outside.. LOL)

it is 12:20 a.m...and I just got back from Wichita and the roads are extremely scary. In places it is wet with a light slushy feel..and then other places it is black ice..
The city wasn't as bad, but the coming down through the Flint Hills to get home was a booger.
But I am home safe and sound, so we will see what Mother Nature will do this evening.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Christmas Song for the North from the (toasty) South
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 06:50:24 AM »
Marshal'ette,

Having been born and raised in Pittsburgh I know how dangerous the roads become in the winter.  Black ice, packed snow, ice under the snow, sleet, etc.

It is truely terrifying starting down a mountain and not knowing if you can stop or even keep the car on the road.

Glad you are safe!  Try to keep the traveling to a minimum as I understand y'all have been hammered with bad weather so far this season.

BTW out low last night was 67 and we have an expected high of 82 today (rubbing it in is MANDATORY for us ex Northerners  ;D).
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk