Author Topic: Roland the headless Thompson gunner  (Read 9704 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Roland the headless Thompson gunner
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:11:15 AM »
To MB,  as  to your previous avocation,  how do you find Roland the headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zevon???? I've been listening to it in my head for days, please give me some relief..
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Roland the headless Thompson gunner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:28:04 AM »
To MB,  as  to your previous avocation,  how do you find Roland the headless Thompson Gunner by Warren Zevon???? I've been listening to it in my head for days, please give me some relief..

You looking for the song or the guy?   ;)

The song is on Zevon's Excitable Boy cd, at amazon for $15 new here
http://www.amazon.com/Excitable-Boy-Warren-Zevon/dp/B000MGV9WA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1198589183&sr=8-4

They have a playable clip, but not the whole song.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »

PS: they guy was made up, as in not real. 
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 07:51:47 AM »

If you would send but "Lawyers, Guns and Money", I could help with this.

Oh well, Pathfinder already blew it...we may have gotten some cash out of this....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 05:24:54 PM »
I already have the music, that's why I have it in my head, I guess the IRISH, dirge sound keeps it coming up. " Patty Hearst , heard the burst of Rolands, Thompson gun " I watched Southpark and they said sing the song backwards. I'll get over it.
Merry , Merry everyone.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:07:27 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 07:07:03 PM »
I already have the music, that's why I have it in my head, I guess the IRISH, dirge sound keeps it coming up. " Patty Hearst , heard the burst of Rolands, Thompson gun " I watched Southpark and they said sing the song backwards. I'll get over it.
Merry , Merry everyone.

If you play it backwards at 4x's speed it says, "watch Shooting Gallery, watch Shooting Gallery".

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
It should say "Watch SHOOTING GALLERY!" over and over!

Strangely enough, in the mid-1970s I was a Famous Rock Critic in New York City. I hung out ay CBGB's and bars where the second act came on at, like 3 AM; I learned the Four Most Important Words in the English language — "I'm with the band!" — I went to parties with Hunter Thompson and Tom Wolfe; I traveled on the bus with Willie Nelson; I was thrown out onto 16th Avenue South in Nashville by Hell's Angels goons in the pay of Waylon Jennings; I drank too much, had a Number 1 hit country song written about me (more or less, with the emphasis on less)...I thought Warren Zevon was God. When I was editor of COUNTRY MUSIC Magazine, I had a framed Warren Zevon album inner sleeve featuring a full-sized picture of his S&W M-29 .44 Magnum on my office door. I introduced Hank Williams Jr. to Zevon's music when I wroke Hank Jr's autobiography, and he later did a cover (and a duet) on "Lawyers Guns & Money.

I truly believe I was the only Famous Rock Critic who went through NYC's byzantine process for getting a pistol permit, only to fail when I refused to give a cop a $500 "cash-only application fee, and we don't give no f^&*%&g receipts, neither!" He took my huge stack of paperwork, painfully assembled over a year's period, tore it up and threw it away.

Final note...years later I was hanging out in this really sleazy bar in La Ceiba, on the Caribbean side of Honduras. The bar was called the O. K. Corral, and I was the only one in the bar who lacked some substantial form of hardware. I gathered up my lempira, the aptly named Honduran currency, spent a nickel on a cold National, a Guatamalan beer that tastes like a cross between Corona and piss, and put the rest of the lempiras in the jukebox. Of course they had L,G & M on the juke, and when Warren sang the line about "hiding in Honduras", the whole freakin' bar cheered...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 07:34:33 PM »
OK..OK...back to my cold, dank, hidey hole...but 1st, what C&W song doest thou refer to? 

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »
First...do you like the gun?????????

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV