Author Topic: Santa was good to me. Anyone else have one?  (Read 1843 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Santa was good to me. Anyone else have one?
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »
Santa (my daughter and son-in-law) brought me a new (to me) Mosin-Nagant 91/30 rifle in 7.62x54R caliber for Chistmas.  I already had some ammo as I had planned to buy one (they knew I wanted one, but didn't know about the ammo).  Wow, for about $80 plus tax I ended up with a usable rifle with no rust, brite bore, a bayonet, sling and tools.

We tried it at 50 yds to site it in from a sitting postion with no other support.  This one shot high and right.  I knocked the front dove-tailed sight to the right and added a little piece on top of the sight pin and tried again.  Right on.  My old eyes don't let me hit the bull with iron sights, but all were in the black and I hit one of the water filled milk jugs easily enough.  My son, (16) after we adjusted the front site, put one in the bull and one next to it!

This is some old rifle!  I cleaned it well (before we started) and used both J&B and bore solvent by Birchwood on it afterward until the black rags came clean.  The bore looked even better!  Merry Christmas to me.  Look out Mr. Deer!

Dave     :P ;D :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk