Author Topic: Magnum "Farce"  (Read 2236 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Magnum "Farce"
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
OK.....I received a box set of Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry films for Christmas and was watching Magnum Force on Christmas Day.  I heard two lines that I am amazed got past final editing and thought you would enjoy.

The first is when the pathologist was examining one of the victims shot in a car and says, "Looks like he was shot with a Magnum."  Now how would one differentiate between a .38., .38+P or .357 magnum slug?  They're identical....all .357 caliber.

The second comes immediately after when the pathologist says........"He emptied an entire magazine into him."......... ???

Great stuff........and boy, do I want a 4" blued Python!!!
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

SmithWesson

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Magnum "Farce"
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 02:19:15 AM »
Those are two lines that goes to show how Movie writters get things wrong. It is like the line in Die Hard 2 about Glocks being made from porcelain and can go trough metal detectors!! ::)

I am a Dirty Harry fan. I got the 1st one from x-mas from my Brother. Magnum Force is my favorite. Love it!!
Always Care. Never Tell

Grizzle_Bear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 10:33:19 AM »

The first is when the pathologist was examining one of the victims shot in a car and says, "Looks like he was shot with a Magnum."  Now how would one differentiate between a .38., .38+P or .357 magnum slug?  They're identical....all .357 caliber.

Tissue damage and blood splatter patterns might be a clue!

;D

Grizzle Bear

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
Tissue damage and blood splatter patterns might be a clue!

;D

Grizzle Bear

Yeah, but if "he emptied an entire magazine into him" it might be hard to tell....no?     ;D
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk