Author Topic: Rare 1911 on American Rifleman TV  (Read 1858 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rare 1911 on American Rifleman TV
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
Watched American RIfleman TV today and they told of a 1911 made in Canada during the closing days of WW1 by North American Arms (no relation to the NAA mini-revolver that I know of!) that is the rarest of all 1911 variants.  Only about 100 of them were made.  The price if you can find one in 90-95% condition?  $25,500!  The bad thing is that because they are so valuable there are a lot of idiots faking them, and they said on the show that there were probably more forgerys floating around than the real guns! Anyway, I thought this very interesting, as I never heard of this particular gun, and here I thought I knew everything!    They also showed the Marine Corps firearms museum with so pretty interesting stuff!
Life Member of the NRA

tombogan03884

Re: Rare 1911 on American Rifleman TV
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:51:27 AM »
Supposedly there is 1 Luger floating around out there in .45 ACP, 2 were made for testing by the US Army when Georg Luger was trying to get the contract to supply US forces, one of these pistols is not accounted for the other was sold at auction a couple years ago for  $9 MILLION . Check your attics folks :)

2Late45

• Forum Member
  • Retired Vet. NRA Life member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »
I also saw the episode, very informative.  Too bad about all the scammers out there making fake ones.   Saw an interview a year or so ago on one of the gun shows,(not Downrange), with the then current owner of the $1,000,000.oo  .45acp Luger.   Of course he had over 1,000 other lugers in his collection.  The history and folk-lore, that's what makes our sport so interesting to me.   I also liked the segment on the Marine Corps Firearm museum.
For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known....

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
I saw the same episode of NRA TV given my choice between the 1911, and the maxium machine gun.  I will the Maxim machine gun, every time, I think it was number one or two of the first ever produced.

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk