Author Topic: Sig P250  (Read 5995 times)

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sig P250
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
I just got the new Sig P250 in 9mm!
Went to the local gun show to look around and see what I couldn't live without came up with nothing.  I was on the way home and stopped by sportsmen's warehouse.  I was back in the handguns, looking over the Smith & Wesson M&P 45 ACP.  Decided I was going to pass on it and the sales guy asked me what I was looking for a told them that I wasn't sure.  He said here, try this, we just got this in and handed me the new P250.
I made a deal with the manager and got it for 585 plus tax.  I won’t get a chance to really work it over at the range until next week.  But just dry firing it looks and feels great.

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

tombogan03884

Re: Sig P250
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
KEEP US POSTED YOU LUCKY DOG. LOL

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
Hodman, what configuration did you get?  I checked out the 250C big grip I think (posted on Sig Talk).  Sweet trigger - better that the LDA (smoother) IMHO.  Even with small hands and stubby fingers I can reach the trigger.  What do you think about the grip?  Are you going to be able to hold onto it or do think it needs skateboard (grip) tape?  I'm waiting to check out the slimmer grip!  Nice New Years present - enjoy.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
Classic Arms here in Memphis has two (or did as of Friday; they're probably gone by now) - one black, one two-tone.  Took it apart and checked everything out...  It's a genius idea - one of those why-didn't-anybody-think-of-this-sooner designs.  I'm just waiting for them to sell the trigger set and have an 'accessory' rack with slides, barrels and grip/frames on the counter top.  Hello, Sig?  Anyone from Exeter lurking?   ;)

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »
I know for sure I got the 250C I think it's the big grip, but I don't know how to tell yet and they didn't know at the store.  I'm not having any trouble reaching around the gun, and it seems to feel really good in my hand I don't think I'm going to use any skateboard tape on it.  The trigger is, by far the best DAO that I have ever felt.  In my opinion, it beats all others, hands down.  It also came with factory night sides.  The only downside I can tell so far is it only had one magazine. I've been on the Sig website looking to see if they have the other grip frames and assemblies available.  I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see when they're going to be available and how much they're going to cost.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:45:49 AM »

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »
Classic Arms here in Memphis has two (or did as of Friday; they're probably gone by now) - one black, one two-tone.  Took it apart and checked everything out...  It's a genius idea - one of those why-didn't-anybody-think-of-this-sooner designs.  I'm just waiting for them to sell the trigger set and have an 'accessory' rack with slides, barrels and grip/frames on the counter top.  Hello, Sig?  Anyone from Exeter lurking?   ;)

How much were they they asking for the guns?
I would've loved to have been able to pick out a grip frames and top ends at the same time
Robert A. Heinlein

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
 Hey Someguy, I know a couple of Sig's Machine Operators  I'll e-mail them to put in an Empoyee suggestion. Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »
Under six bills?  Granted, I've trained my index finger long and hard to instinctively decock any SIG that comes to hand, but that sounds like an awesome deal.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »
Hodman.  The shop where I saw one said that grip frames or whatever they officially call them will be about $50.  Conversion kits - Slide group and mag approx. $400.  They didn't say anything about mags/cost.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Joe 90

• Forum Member
  • “Predictable is preventable.” Gordon Graham
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »
Last week I purchased the medium frame P250C.

At that time I called Sig regarding the purchase of the small frame.  It is not yet in stock, but the part # for the small frame is 1300023 and they expect it to sell for around $50.

The gun shoots extremely well for me.  I have medium to small hands and I was extremely pleased by the fit, comfort and accuracy.

The trigger pull get better over time!

I can not wait to try the subcompact.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk