Author Topic: Michael's Conundrum  (Read 17841 times)

reloader

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michael's Conundrum
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 11:37:02 PM »
I'll try again since my earlier attempt to post has never appeared.

I personally do not care if someone wants to have an earring or other piercings.  That's their business.

I do think it provides any potential adversary an added means of hurting you.  Striking a small piece of metal will concentrate the force much more than if a hand/fist alone hit you against the ear's cartilage.

But that's a different matter, and depends on how likely you feel you may be in a physical confrontation.

reloader

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 12:28:42 AM »
Tell them it just a clip on to get the freaky chicks.  ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 01:11:51 AM »
wow.. Mr. Bane.....I would say to them .. well go ahead and boycot. I don't think that you or other modern responsible gun-owners need them. If anything they should be happy that someone with an earring is pro-gun and actually in favor of the right to keep and bear arms. I'm very conservative in many life views and political views. However, I am an American! This country (including Montana) is made up of all types and kinds of people, even those who want to wear an earring. I have to be careful what to say here or how much because then I will be no better than them. But, that kind of narrow-mindedness is another example of how something as silly as "the way someone looks different than me", can divide people who are in other ways alike, such as "gun lovers"; all to the point that they would be foolish and boycot and cause division.. which will only help support and elect those same "hedious liberals", that they are so scared of in the first place. I think they need to realize that this is 2007. They also need to realize that Pro Gun people are just that.. Pro Gun and that should have more importance than something as silly as what you wear. I hope they read this too!

SlickRob

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 05:51:37 AM »
It is really simple for me.  I believe everyone has the freedom to do as they please, until they infringe on the freedom of someone else, (especially me).

Just curious though, where else do you wear a ring?
A just government has nothing to fear from an armed populace!

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 09:06:22 AM »
Hi all!

Marshal and I are back in the proverbial saddle again after a few days at the U.S. Shooting Academy in Tulsa. This AM, I had the following email waiting for me...I was going to answer it myself, but upon reflection I decided to post it sans address) on the Forum and ask how you guys and guyettes would respond:

So what do you think?

Michael B

Far be it from me to criticize anyone's wardrobe. They might become compelled to closely examine mine.

It is equally unproductive to criticize someone's opinion. Their minds are made up why confuse them with the facts?  If they choose to watch some other program or engage in some other activity that is cerrtainly their right.

Another (larger) group may be equally and oppositely offended the host does not wear jewelry.

On the specific topic of various earrings,noserings, tongue rings, et. al. I am a little surprised the tactical gurus have not taken
Mr. Bane to one side and explained the liabilities attached to the various body ornaments when confronted in a real street brawl.

A good thug worthy of the name will grab hold of a nosering or earring ring and yank as hard as he can. It is bound to be distracting to say the least.

EMS types  tell horror stories of their attempts to intubate crash victims with large tongue ornaments.

If your target audience expects a certain deportment and demeanor then conventional wisdom dictates you meet or exceed their expectations or have a darn good explanation for why the expectations are misplaced.

Everyone else can pound sand.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:24:01 PM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »
Michael,

Live your own life.
Boycott over a stupid ear thingamajig? They need to get out more.
If you dump the jewelry they'll just find something else to "fix".

Double what Don said.

Ratcatcher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 09:48:46 AM »
Michael,

Live your own life.
Boycott over a stupid ear thingamajig? They need to get out more.
If you dump the jewelry they'll just find something else to "fix".

Ratcatcher

Having taken training in public speaking and presentations as an adult and having a child that has participated in national competitions in speaking and presenting have given me the bad habit of evaluating and rating everyone I see or hear in public.  Just like me or anyone that is presenting in an area they are passionate about, you have a boat load of quirks.  They are what makes you you.  If we expect you, or anyone, to homogenize themselves to the perfect spokesperson we will be getting our gun and shooting information from professional speakers that have passed the scrutiny of a focus group but don't know a bullet from a cartridge or a shotgun from a rifle. 

As long as you keep bringing us good programming with the passion you put into it, I don't care if you do the show in a pink teddy (note to director:  Camera angles from the shoulders up only PLEASE!!!).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

haycreek

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 12:24:54 PM »
I like your program, keep up the good work. Wear what ever you like. I'll have to admit that men your  age with earrings are a rarity in Texas where I live, and I think that you look better without it. Personnally, I don't like earrings on men, but it is your right to wear anything, and I agree with the poster for only shots from the waist up in your teddy. :)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 01:34:28 PM »
DonWorsham for President!!!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tumblebug