Author Topic: SIG Talk  (Read 8726 times)

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SIG Talk
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »
Hazcat,

You are right. Yours is a really bad one. Mine could be alot better. But mine at least works with Remingtons.

Thing is the Colt Woodsman and S&W 41 shoot everything I have tried to put through then with no problem.

MB,

Is SIG going to fix the Mosquito? or just let it die for bad press on the blogs? What has your experience been? Michael.

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »
Coming from the southern swamps of New Jersey, anything called a Mosquito can't be good

Being originally from the Southern swamps of New Jersey myself, (exit 0) I know from experience that the Mosquito is the State bird of New Jersey  ;D
Ah, but I do miss wandering thru the Pinelands........   But I digress. 

JayBethel, I was looking at your Bluebone web page. Are you guys from Cape May too?    If so, small world.  I used to be close with a lot of local musicians back in the 70's, even used to play a bit,  but I don't recognize anybody in your band. 

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 09:34:21 AM »
Yep..Cape May- at least I'm from here. My partner the bass player is from West Chester PA and there are two drummers: one from Millville, one from Philly.
70's - I guess you knew the Diamonds? Geno? Charlie B.? Randy B?
It is a small world
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

WILLIAM A FARLEY Jr.

• waterdragon
  • Forum Member
  • KEEP ON GUARD FOR THE HOME FRONT!
    • billye1952@policeone.com
  • Liked:
Re: SIG Talk-MY FIRST LOVE!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 06:07:55 PM »
 :)WELL! WHEN I WAS IN THE MILITARY POLICE CORP...MY FIRST LOVE WAS A 1911A1...I LOVE IT!
ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO, A GOOD FRIEND GORDON FROM SAN FRANCISCO SHERIFF DEPT. SHOW ME HIS SIG P-220 STAINLESS.
ACP 45 AUTO. BOTH US SERVED IN VIET NAM DAYS. HE TALK TO ME INTO BUYING A SIG! MY FIRST WAS A SIG P-220 STAINLESS. MADE IN 1990 (USED) IT STILL SHOOT GREAT! THEN  LATER ON  I  BROUGHT P-226 (9MM) AND  S&W 40/357SIG IN 2007 AND ST P-220 STAINLESS,  IN AUGUST 2007 TO THE POINT I AM GOING TO BUY A SIG P-250 WHEN THEY ARRIVED IN CALIFORNIA.
I DO LOVE MY SIGʻS AND MY 1911.. THIS WAS MY FIRST LOVE.
billye1952
the late j.f.k "ASK NOT WHAT THE THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR
YOU! ASK WHAT WE CAN DO FOR THE COUNTRY!"

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »
I think she's pack'n. Better frisk her. :P
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:13:14 AM »

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
Nice eyes.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

sigluvr

• Believer in Civil Defense & 2nd Ammendment
  • Forum Member
  • The shooter
    • My Yahoo 360 Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »
Well now . . . let's see.  I have my first Sig which was a Sig P-220, .45 cal.  Then I have a Sig P-229 , errhh, shoudl I say 2 Sig P-229's.  1 is chambered in .40 cal and the other in .357sig..  Then I have 1 - P-239 chambered in .357sig and finally I have the newest addition to the family, a P-225 P6, 9mm.  So, all in all I have

1    220, Sig .45
2    229, Sig .40 & .357sig
1    239, Sig .357sig
1    225, Sig  9mm

I sold a Sig P-226, 9mm about a year ago because I did not see the increase in ammo prices coming.  Now I wish I wouldn't have. That's why the newest addition to my Sig family is the 225 chambered in 9mm.   ::)

Only thing else is that I want to tweak them a little.  Put on better night sites, High Cap mags, etc.
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:30 AM »
Just when I thought I'd be missing the old P228, I've been lusting at a 9mm P229R at the range by me.  Sure, it's an ounce heavier, but it's half American (I do loves the mutts).  Might be my slender, weak fingers that makes me more amenable to the 228/9 frame length.  Trying to find a 225 is not easy, but the comparison would prove interesting.

I've shot most of the main SIGs, the 220, the 239 in .357 (giddy, crazy little fun), the P228 (and the 229R) and the P226 and the Sigpro 2202.  Don't own one yet, but the 229R gets my nod.

Edit to add the P230 too. 

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I just had a chance to handle the new Sig 250C, 15+1 shots (9mm) w/nite sites.  Did not get a chance to shoot one yet.  Maybe someone will have one I can shoot next IDPA season.  Here is what I think IMHO.  I have small hands (but compete w/Para P14) so even though the grip seems a bit big I can live with it-might need to add skate board tape.  Trigger pull is great!  For my old eyes the sites are OK.  Good price $595 but I'm sure it will adjust a bit when more hit the dealers.  Cost for conversion to new cal. (slide, barrel, mag) about $400 seems fair considering.  I forgot to ask about cost of additional mags and how many came with the gun-SORRY.  Additional grip $50 which seems good.  Take down fairly easy after you do it a few times.  I am retired so I have to be careful w/$$$ so I will wait until I shoot one to decide to buy or not.  If I was younger and still working I would have picked it up today and ordered extras.  Hope this helps. 
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk