Author Topic: Turtle Candy  (Read 4356 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Turtle Candy
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
TURTLE CANDY

1 14 oz. back of carmels
2 1/2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
dash of vanilla,  the real stuff
2 cups chopped pecans
24 oz. chocolate of your choice

Melt carmels in either double boiler or microwave taking care not to get too hot. 
When melted stir in evaporated milk and vanilla.  Stir well.
Add pecans.  Mix well.

Mixture will be extreamly sticky.  You may want to use cooking spray on utensils and wax or parchment paper on baking pans.  Spoon a small teaspoon on to pan.  I use two spoons, one to scoop with and one to push the mixture off the scooping spoon.
Place in freezer for a couple hours until hardened.

Melt the chocolate of your choice as above.  I have used chips, the big candy bars, or bakers chocolate and all the varieties, semisweet, milk, and dark.  I usually melt only half the chocolate at a time.  Remove the frozen carmel drops from the freezer and dip in the chocolate.  Two forks seems to work good for this.  Place back on pan.  You will probably need two pans.  The carmel drops thaw quickly and become sticky again.  Place back in freezer when dipped to help set the chocolate.

Makes about 4 dozen delicious treats.

Warning:  If left in freezer too long and you can't watch the carmel drops, they seem to vanish mysteriously from the freezer with only a trace of sticky finger prints left behind.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Turtle Candy
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »
Yum!  I made butterscotch haystacks this year and have unfortunately eaten most of them myself.  That tells me I shouldn't make these.   :P
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk