Author Topic: Sight Adjustment Tool  (Read 3164 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Sight Adjustment Tool
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »
So, I have on my wish list a sight adjustment tool from Maryland Gun Works (located in Augusta GA) for use on my XD.  I am just about ready to order it, when I noticed that on one of the web sites it says, will NOT work on Tactical front site.   What tha'?

So, I'm going to write an email to MGW, but in the mean time:

Anybody bought/used any of the sight adjustment tools? 

MGW?

How about the KSP Uni-200L Uni Tool Universal Pistol Sight Mover?

Any other brands out there?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sight Adjustment Tool
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:03 AM »
Get a bigger hammer!  LOL

Richard

PS:  I don't trust any tool that claims to be universal and I have too many guns to buy one usable on each.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:35:37 PM »
Sights on the XD are unbelievably tight fitted, pretty much jammed on at the factory. Springer Precision broke my front sight removing it to install the Tritium Truglos.

I was considering installing a set of Truglos on my XDm myself until I opened the XD box and saw the removed front sight again... if the pros broke it, I'm guessing I'd nuke the slide.  :-\
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:26:10 AM »
Yep, XD's are supposed to have the tightest of dovetail sights around.   Hence it's better to have the correct tool.

MGW wrote me back and said the way their tool positions and clamps the slide, their pusher will not reach the front sight on a Tactical.  If the TOP GUN catalog hadn't mentioned it, I would have bought their tool by mistake.   Shame on MidwayUSA and Brownells for not clearly stating such.

When my FOs arrive I may try to construct my own jig for holding the slide.   I have some gunsmithing pads and clamps left over fromr when I bought out a gun shop (less the guns) years ago.  I think I see how to put them to use now.

One of the secrets of most any wood or metal work is to be able to "secure" your work.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk