Author Topic: First Outdoor USPSA  (Read 2187 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
First Outdoor USPSA
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:29:04 PM »
Went to my first "big" match.   Outdoors with 6 stages.   All previous matches had been indoors with only 2 stages.   Wow.  Fun. and educational.   So many things I didn't know.

How'd I do?   Well fair.   So nervous on the first, very complicated stage, I forgot to engage 3 targets altogether.   Score 6 misses.  Boo Hiss.

BUT.  One of the classifier stages CM-09-14, Eye of the Tiger, I CLEANED IT.    ALL "A"s  http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/09-14.pdf

Basically you have three 2"x4"  A zones at 7 yards.  Starting with your back to the target.  On signal turn and fire.   YES, it did take over 8 seconds.  But I CLEAN IT.   

Now I haven't figured out where that would put me in the classifier system.  I guess I have to wait until the scores are posted. to figure that out.   In my squad of 9 people I was the only one to clean it.   Makes up for stage one.

So the GA STATE championship is in 2 weeks.   Am printing the entry form.   NO I don't expect to place, but it was a blast.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First Outdoor USPSA
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:40 AM »
Alf, I've been shooting USPSA for 25+ years and even though I'm 63 and "slower than Christmas" I still love it.  Also shoot IDPA.  What division were you shooting?  Gun and equipment and etc.  You can go into the USPSa site and find out the 3 (?) top scores for each classifier.  If I could remember how it's done I'd tell but it's been so long I can't!  Some of these guys are amazing with whatever they pick up so if you get the chance watch the "Super Squad"

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:16:53 AM »
Richard, I was shooting production.   Unfortunately, I didn't read up on all the rules and brought along my XD40 loaded up to PF175.  So I was down two strikes out the get go.     This match was sponsored by River Bend Gun Club Practical Shooters.  Club number GA23, if you want to see the scores out on the USPSA web site.  (For those URL challenged http://www.uspsa.org/ )

I just joined USPSA, so I'm hoping they'll count this, even if it only puts me in class C.

Now my debate for the next match, is whether to use the XD9 loaded to PF125 or to stick with the XD40, but download it some to say PF 140 and hope the bigger holes will help.   ;)
Will work for ammo

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
Alf, I believe you need 4 classifiers before you will get a classification.  You will probably be shooting U for the fun of it unless they have some sort of random drawing for door prizes.  They may have other classifiers as part of the match but they will not get you classified for the match.  You might want to check around to see if any club is doing a special classifier match that you can get to and even then they may not be included for classification...I'm not sure how that works.

Good luck and have fun anyway.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »
Yep, I need 4 classifiers, but this would be 1 in class B.   I think I read somewhere that if you join USPSA within 2 weeks they'll count it.  I could be wrong, hate to let a good class B score go to waste.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:22:50 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk