Author Topic: New USPSA Club  (Read 5331 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: New USPSA Club
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
Alf, I like to check myself against all shooters and until you get a larger group that works but later you should only compare to those in "Production" to be fare to yourself.  Are you using the scoring program available thru USPSA?
Richard

Yep we're using EZWin.   I'm the backup data entry person.   Rather than post 5 or 6 different score sheets, I thought I'd just post the overally summary one.  You can see there were basically were 4 Production shooters....and one left early so he  DNF last stage.    Not a lot to compare to.

My goals are
1)  Safety (no DQs no Warnnings) [check]
2)  Accuracy (to excess since I have the highest raw points in 3/4 stages)
And my new ones are
3)  Smoothness (sighting target-to-target, mag changes, and movement)
4)  Aggressiveness (more speed) 

Granted until I give up a little accuracy for speed, I won't place in the top.   But it's an ego trip during the match to have the RO call out "All 'A's "and hear everybody go....ohhhh.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
You are at the top or near the top in points in every stage.  That seems real good to me.   I'd expect you will get faster as you learn the stages and get their "rhythm".   

The Logo.  Looks good.  Not sure I like the "Mauve" border, but that is a personal preference.

Maybe "Tabs" at the top and/or bottom to show things like  "Officer" "Charter Member"  "Member" "Grand Master" if they can be made affordable for for those who would want to purchase them?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »
For those that don't know about the creative process.....there's much pain and anguish involved.   I started with the premise that I'd copy the look/feel of the City of Sandy Springs (where we shoots) logo, then add elements to denote IPSC.   After 3 "official" revisions I think this is what we're going with.

In case you're wondering about copyright issues.   The overall badge only loosely follows the city's design(http://sandyspringsga.org) and the colors are of my choosing.   The sky line and river (sandy spring) are from Microsoft ClipArt and their EULA gives permission to incorporate their elements in a user's product.   The gun pictures were provided by and used with permission of STI.   (Wish I had money to buy one of their guns.)  And the target drawings came from a source that invited users to copy them.

Anyone else want a logo designed for them?   Reasonable rates.     not cheap ---  think,  I want an STI gun.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
Looks good!!!!!!!!

Speed comes from repetition.
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk