Author Topic: XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines  (Read 17988 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:14:12 AM »
I'm probably just rather slow to absorb this and am the last one on earth to know about it.  But just in case someone is behind me in hearing the news.

Springfield Armory is offering 2 (two) free magazines and a double mag pouch to anyone purchasing a new XD or XDM between 10/15/08 and 1/15/09!!   (that's in addition to the 2 mags and pouch that come with the gun in the first place!)

I'm bummed my retailer didn't tell me.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/gearup/

I may have to go purchase another one right after Christmas. (That's the whole point of the promo isn't it?)
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

bulletboy

• Bullet Boy
  • Forum Member
  • The BB Factor
    • Live with the Bullet Boy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 04:05:04 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I didn't know so that makes 2 of us
Bullet Boy

"The BB Factor"
The Bullet Boy Has Red Bull Energy

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:58:16 AM »
Well I'm glad I helped someone else.   

I sent my rebate form in Friday, so I'm hoping to hear they received it today.
Will work for ammo

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
Thanks, Alf. I picked up a n XD .45 and the dealer knew absolutely nothing about the offer.  What he did know was how to out price the local competition.  ;D
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »
This rebate is strange.   Dealers don't seem to know about it.  There was no signage at the dealer ship.  There's no "advertisement" that I can see about it.  Only on the XD forum did I accidentally come across it.

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:17:37 PM »

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »
hmm sounds like a good deal..  seems like they should be advertising it more..

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »
This is often times a directed marketing tool, used to reach specific customer groups.  In effect, paying (via value provided) the consumer to purchase the pistol.  Such schemes are seen annually, to clear factory inventory and generate sales.  The timing and reasons vary, but are driven by the need to stimulate sales.

Lesser known is the "bounty" that certain  manufacturers pay to store employees for each one of that companies pistols sold.  The motivation is to get you to buy THAT pistol, as opposed to what might be best for that customer.

Springfield has some clever folks in their marketing department, although Springfield Inc.'s motto "The Oldest Name In American Firearms" while technically true, is misleading since the company has no connection whatsoever with the original Springfield Armory in Springfield Massachusetts.
Kilroy...

...was here.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »
This is often times a directed marketing tool, used to reach specific customer groups.  In effect, paying (via value provided) the consumer to purchase the pistol.  Such schemes are seen annually, to clear factory inventory and generate sales.  The timing and reasons vary, but are driven by the need to stimulate sales.

Lesser known is the "bounty" that certain  manufacturers pay to store employees for each one of that companies pistols sold.  The motivation is to get you to buy THAT pistol, as opposed to what might be best for that customer.

Springfield has some clever folks in their marketing department, although Springfield Inc.'s motto "The Oldest Name In American Firearms" while technically true, is misleading since the company has no connection whatsoever with the original Springfield Armory in Springfield Massachusetts.

I think they bought the rights to the name when the Govt armory closed, possibly the equipment as well.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »
Here ae some more 'special offers' from SA....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/specialoffers.php

I think they bought the rights to the name when the Govt armory closed, possibly the equipment as well.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/aboutus.php

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
Here ae some more 'special offers' from SA....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/specialoffers.php

http://www.springfield-armory.com/aboutus.php

Interesting link, I've been to the site dozens of times and never saw that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk