Author Topic: Considering a Ruger SP101  (Read 5542 times)

cmhunter

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Considering a Ruger SP101
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »
Thanks to all for the info. Got my SP101 and am looking forword to taking it to the range. In So. FL paid $450.00, given the times I think it was a fair price.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31:41 PM »
 Stainless or blue ? And no, that isn't a bad price. Not a bargain, but fair.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 06:28:07 AM »
Congrats! Good purchase, and the price was fair. Frankly, if it had been $650 you still would have gotten your money's worth. That gun will outlast you, and your kids. The good thing about the extra weight is that unlike a J frame, you don't need to worry about overshooting it. With the lighter snubbies a lot of folks advise limiting the amount of .357 you fire. I've never heard this with the Ruger. Personally, I'd use .38 for practice, but if you want to shoot .357 there's no reason not to. Looking forward to the range report.
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »
Stainless or blue ? And no, that isn't a bad price. Not a bargain, but fair.

Stainless only unless you get a greyed treatment from one gunshop in Louisiana..

This gun is a tank, shoot the hell out of it.....I like lobbing rounds out to 50 yard and more....loads of fun!

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

Your belt can go over or behind the unit. 

Was I the only one who felt a little uncomfortable while reading that phrase?....  ;D

Actually, that looks like a pretty good holster. Thanks!
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:02:39 AM »

bestseller92

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »
The SP101 is a superb handgun!
"In self-defense and in defense of the innocent, killing is not murder, hesitation is not moral, and cowardice is the only sin". -- page 306, "The Darkest Evening of the Year", Dean R. Koontz.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »
My cousin's Father-in law carries a Crimson Trace equipped one. Everyone I know that has had one loves them. Some find them too heavy for carry in a pocket, but they say recoil is less than similar sized S&W or Taurus .357's. Ruger makes good guns. The SP 101 is a tried and true gun according to the  SP101 owners I know. I personally have never owned or shot one. But everything I've heard about them has been good, except about it's weight.  If I had one, knowing how heavy it is, I'd probably only carry it in an IWB (Which I'll admit I'm partial to anyways.) or Smart Carry. If I wanted one for pocket carry, I'd go with something a little lighter. Otherwise I say get one.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk