Author Topic: What's your everyday carry rig? (Was hiking with handguns)  (Read 22330 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's your everyday carry rig? (Was hiking with handguns)
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Or a cut down eye glass case for front pants pocket carry.
No offense, but if finances permit, I'd really reccomend a Bond Arms derringer instead. It's not much bigger and you can get it in .357 or .45 colt, or even 10mm. It has interchangeable barrels like a Contender. The dumbest thing I've done recently is trade mine in on a G26. I really wish I had that gun back. Slip it into the front pocket of your jeans and it vanishes or but it in your back pocket with a wallet profile holster. They are $500 well spent. Built like a tank and made in Texas.
FQ13

david86440

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
No offense, but if finances permit, I'd really reccomend a Bond Arms derringer instead. It's not much bigger and you can get it in .357 or .45 colt, or even 10mm. It has interchangeable barrels like a Contender. The dumbest thing I've done recently is trade mine in on a G26. I really wish I had that gun back. Slip it into the front pocket of your jeans and it vanishes or but it in your back pocket with a wallet profile holster. They are $500 well spent. Built like a tank and made in Texas.
FQ13

Hey FQ13

I would love to have one but it's not on the approved list out here so I wouldn't be able to have it on my CCW. Nothing that Bond makes is approved for sale in CA. Same as the Ruger LCP and Taurus Judge and lots of other hand guns.

I do get to pick up my G27 on Tuesday (10 day waiting period). I bought 600 rds of .40 this week so I can go shooting when I get it.  

I also ordered 500 rds of .380, 600 rds of .38 SPCL JHP's, .357 SIG barrel for the G27 and some ammo to go with it, but don't tell the wife. ;)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
Hey FQ13

I would love to have one but it's not on the approved list out here so I wouldn't be able to have it on my CCW. Nothing that Bond makes is approved for sale in CA. Same as the Ruger LCP and Taurus Judge and lots of other hand guns.

I do get to pick up my G27 on Tuesday (10 day waiting period). I bought 600 rds of .40 this week so I can go shooting when I get it.  

I also ordered 500 rds of .380, 600 rds of .38 SPCL JHP's, .357 SIG barrel for the G27 and some ammo to go with it, but don't tell the wife. ;)
I tried to get my head around the fact that Ca. lets you carry a Glock, but not an over and under single action. My brain sort of shut down halfway through. Its what you get for using that logic thing. It bites you in the ass everytime you try to figure out the mindset of anti's. Oh well, enjoy the G27. If its like my G26 you will be very pleasantly surprised by how accurate the thing is. Shoots a little high like most Glocks, but its neglible at Sd distances and very consistent, nice tight groups. Frankly I think its an advantage in real world circumstances where most folks shoot low. Not a tack driver, but at seven yards its just as good as my G19. Now, if I were you, I would be real sweet to the wife, and buy a buttload of hand gun ammo. Give the visa a workout. God knows what that screwed up ammo bill is going to do to price and availability. We've complained about hoarding but I think we will all make an exception if you live in Ca. Factory ammo should last easily twenty years if you store it right, and $1500 or so spent buying some cases today might seem like a great investment next year. If not, you can always sell it or shoot it.
FQ13

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Bond Arms are small, but HEAVY.  You aren't going to put that in a front shirt pocket.

The beauty of the NAA is it weighs less than a pocketknife.
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »
Just got the Bond out, so old it says Texas Arms and put it into my shirt pocket, nice heavy cotton work shirt. Yes you can feel it, but it does not print, skoal can on top and its even better.

Never tried it there, thanks r_w.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:30:41 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »
Since were still breaking records here in S. Fl. (I wish cooler weather would get here), :-\

My Kel-Tec P3AT, in a Nemesis pocket holster breaks all prints in casual shorts. My Walther PPK/S also in a Don Hume IWB works fine with an untucked shirt, but it is a lot heavier than the Kel-Tec.

If and when it ever cools off, and I can wear the rare blue jeans, my M+P .40, or FNH9mm in an IWB by Ace Case works well.

I can conceal these comfortably and fine but not in shorts.

Since I'm not anywhere near "winter coat" territory anymore, my larger pistols, revolvers, and semi-auto's, just kinda hang out in the safe.

Although I could bring back the Sonny Crockett/ Miami Vice shoulder rig with fancy shoes and no socks. 8)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

david86440

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 05:05:28 PM »
I tried to get my head around the fact that Ca. lets you carry a Glock, but not an over and under single action. My brain sort of shut down halfway through.  God knows what that screwed up ammo bill is going to do to price and availability. We've complained about hoarding but I think we will all make an exception if you live in Ca. Factory ammo should last easily twenty years if you store it right, and $1500 or so spent buying some cases today might seem like a great investment next year. If not, you can always sell it or shoot it.
FQ13

I've spent over $600 on ammo this past week.

I think that Bond may not submit their products for approval for sale in CA. Cobra is on the approved list.

C22LR (Black) / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .22 LR   7/17/2010

C22LR (Chrome) / Alloy   Derringer   2.4"   .22 LR   7/17/2010

C22M (Blue) / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .22 Magnum   5/20/2010

C22M (Chrome) / Alloy   Derringer   2.4"   .22 Magnum   7/17/2010

C22MS / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .22 Magnum   2/4/2010

C22S / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .22 LR   2/4/2010

C32 (Chrome) / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .32   9/17/2010

C32B / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .32 ACP   2/4/2010

C32S / Alloy, Steel   Derringer   2.4"   .32 ACP   2/4/2010

CB38 (Black) / Steel, Alloy   Derringer   2.75"   .38 Spl   9/17/2010

CB38 (Chrome) / Steel, Alloy   Derringer   2.75"   .38 Spl   5/20/2010

CB38 (Satin) / Steel, Alloy   Derringer   2.75"   .38 Spl   9/17/2010

Patriot 45 (Black) / Stainless Steel   Pistol   3"   .45 ACP   12/18/2010

Patriot 45 (Stainless) / Stainless Steel   Pistol   3"   .45 ACP   10/28/2010

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »
RE:  Bond Arms

Wow.   They chamber that sucker for .357Max.   If it's a 3" barrel and the cartridge is 1.88", that only leave a mere 1.12" (less throat) of actual rifled barrel.   I don't know that I'd want to fire that sucker in some of those calibers.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
While the Bond Arms derringer is a cool little gun, and might even be a serviceable BACK UP, who in there right mind is going to spend more than a Glock costs to limit themselves to 2 shots ? And don't say MB, we can prove HE'S not in his right mind  

;Dhttp://www.bondarms.com/ifirearms.php

For $650 you can by a J frame S&W, a Glock, or several brands of 1911, all of which hold several more rounds and are far easier to shoot.

david86440

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »
While the Bond Arms derringer is a cool little gun, and might even be a serviceable BACK UP, who in there right mind is going to spend more than a Glock costs to limit themselves to 2 shots ? And don't say MB, we can prove HE'S not in his right mind  

;Dhttp://www.bondarms.com/ifirearms.php

For $650 you can by a J frame S&W, a Glock, or several brands of 1911, all of which hold several more rounds and are far easier to shoot.

Hey Tom,

I'd buy one. Ain't that a purrty little thing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk