Author Topic: '94 Lever Action  (Read 8899 times)

Timothy

Re: '94 Lever Action
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
Thanks, Majer!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 03:44:36 PM »
I had one serious problem with my .44 Trapper. Some Corbon ammo I bought was too long for it and jammed it up pretty bad. The OAL was longer than standard. After that they told me that all their newer .44 loads were within SAAMI specs. It was a heavy hard cast bullet. I think it was 320 grains.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
Well Timothy....make a decision yet? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:39 AM »
Haven't been back in that part of the state yet.  We're getting a pup this month, might change my plans.  If I could unload it quickly, the lovey dovey might just go for it...

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »
Gonna think about it...  I really want a lever in .357 to compliment my wheel gun.  Probably gonna keep saving for the Rossi or Uberti.

FWIW I own a .357 Rossi lever in stainless.  I got it to compliment my .357 Rossi revolver.  I am totally thrilled with both guns.  The .357 wheel gun is possibly the most accurate shooting gun I have ever had, and the lever is just a delight to shoot, too.  When it's just for fun, I bang out .38 Specials in both of them.  Less expensive, but with all the thrill.  I just checked Bud's Guns but they are out of stock on all their Rossi levers.  Probably says something about popularity.

I was so pleased with the Rossi .357 that I wanted to use it as a carry gun.  Just a little big for that task.  So I got a Windicator .357 snubbie from EAA.  Nifty little wheel gun.  Heavily made, but that makes it more fun to shoot with less recoil.  You might want to check it out.  It's now my daily carry.   Bud's has it for less than $300 including shipping.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:23:35 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 09:24:38 AM »
Thanks CR, however mail order in the People's Republic is taboo.  I'd have to check with the FFL to see if EAA is on the "list"!  My Ruger is a tank but she'll do for now.  I'm thinking waiting on the Rossi is probably my best option.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »
Mail order is taboo?  Interstate commerce....sue the state.

Timothy

'94 Lever Action
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Mail order is taboo?  Interstate commerce....sue the state.

I believe it's been tried by our local GOAL!

Anyway, when I tried to join a gun retailer some years back they said they would not ship to MA, regardless.  I think it was Buds.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
Timothy, I've got a bone to pick with you.  This thread gave me 94 fever.

So...I'm trying to find one made the same year I was born....

Thanks a lot buddy.   ;)

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
My pleasure!

Still shopping myself.  Passed on that .30-30. 

Kinda wished I hadn’t cuz I could have made some quick profit..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk