Author Topic: sport utility rifles  (Read 3823 times)

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
sport utility rifles
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:33:27 PM »
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has been using the name semiautomatic "sport utility rifles" to describe the AR, Mini14, AK, et al. I like it; it's familiar, accurate, and tough for the anti-gunners to twist.

I know some in the Al Gore cult might object to the environmental insensitivity of the "sport utility vehicle" etymology, but that might be an advantage among normal people.

Any thoughts?

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: sport utility rifles
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »
I like the sound of it too, and if you go with an O.D or camo stock you can also claim that you've gone " GREEN "
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
To further the idea a bit,  lets start a new gun company and we'll name it  ECO ARMS orENVIRO ARMS, how about GLOBAL WARMING CARBINES, maybe SAVE THE CHILDREN TACTICAL. 
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
Rifles are what they are. Each is a tool to perform a specific function required by it's owner. No gloss. No fluff. Some are for fun, some for competition and some are designed with more serious, albeit legitimate, purpose. Results depend on the quality of the man or woman who wields it. No cutsie labels for me, thanks. Those expired, and I don't want them back..

Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:47:06 AM »
Heard them called "Utility rifles" as well. I think thats more apropriate as they are GUNS" for shooting AND fun. Any Marines out there will get the joke  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:46:47 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk