Author Topic: AR sling recommendations  (Read 2638 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
AR sling recommendations
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
Any recommendations on single point slings?  As soon as I got a three point and tried it out on some drills I found it I could get killed with it.  Magpul has a nice one and I like the Phase 5 revolving attachment point.

Recommendations? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR sling recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »
I got a cheap single point sling and all it's good for making my rifle hit me in the nuts :-[ Make sure you get a good one.  I hear good things about Magpul.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
I got a cheap single point sling and all it's good for making my rifle hit me in the nuts :-[ Make sure you get a good one.  I hear good things about Magpul.

Don't do that it hurts ;D ;D ;D
I have a Donnell's single point sling on my 870 and have had no problems.

AE3007H1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Re: AR sling recommendations
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
i highly recommend the Magpu!   it is great because it is both a single q a double point.  a single is good for cqb  but for marching,  hiking,  climbing, you want the double point.  especially if you have to transition to your backup!  Magpul makes good hardware locks.   you don't want to have your weapon take a digger due to your sling's hardware breaking.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
AE3007H1
TeamKLR2bar

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
DO NOT get the stupid bungy slings, if you have to jump, out of a vehicle, over something, drop and sling your AR off to your side it will nose dive the muzzle right in the dirt, mud, whatever.

I have a Vector Tactical SP quick hawser on three of mine, even my AK, same sling works three rifles in a single "clip"...

Also agree long hikes, marches, etc,...getting the second latch point is key across the chest. Vector has that option, and +1 on the Magpul...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:02:52 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk