Author Topic: AR15 build questions  (Read 6022 times)

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR15 build questions
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
Twyacht I live in the Mooresville area now. I moved here almost 2 years ago. Tom you are right I think I would like the free float tube better so I might as well save up and get what I want. As far as thw trigger a mil spec trigger comes with the lower parts kit anyway so I can use that until I save up for a nice drop in trigger group.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 03:35:17 PM »
Another thing, build your lower inside a clear freezer bag or trash bag.
That when (not if ) something , (one of the spring loaded detents ) goes pinging it stays in the bag instead of getting you in the eye or getting lost.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
Another thing, build your lower inside a clear freezer bag or trash bag.
That when (not if ) something , (one of the spring loaded detents ) goes pinging it stays in the bag instead of getting you in the eye or getting lost.

Safety glasses?  I wear them all the time at work and at home when working on my Jeep but not when I work on my guns.  Just popped into me wee leetle head when I read that-safety first  ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
Safety glasses? I wear them all the time at work and at home when working on my Jeep but not when I work on my guns.  Just popped into me wee leetle head when I read that-safety first  ;)

They are fine to protect your eyes, but they don't save you from lost parts which is the bigger issue .
If the flying pin sticks you in the eye at least it can still be found and you don't have to buy a whole set of pins to replace the one lost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk