Author Topic: Bump Stock: ATF Approved  (Read 7940 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Bump Stock: ATF Approved
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »
The range I go to doesn't allow "rapid fire" so I would have to go out in the woods to shoot it.

This brings up another good point concerning these things. The reason most ranges don't allow rapid fire is they want shooters to practice more control while firing. They want the bullets to hit the backstop. Not the floor, walls, and ceiling. One of the biggest problems I see with this stock is lack of control. Yes, it will give you somewhat more than normal "bump firing" will, but it is still nowhere near what timed, controlled firing produces.

I've seen videos on You Tube of idiots bump firing M1-A's and M1 Garands by hooking their finger through their belt loops. Talk about dangerous and uncontrolled! The muzzle is going everywhere. A full auto M-14 is difficult enough to control. Trying to bump fire it is a solid cornerstone on which to build a disaster. I suppose if you practiced with this thing enough you might be able to come up with some reasonable controlled hits at short range. The problem is by the time you've mastered it you would have spent enough on ammo to buy the real deal.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:21:44 AM »
If you want the "thrill" of "full auto" and don't have access to one, go to the shoot Buck Creek and rent one....and you will be firing on a range safe for rapid fire.

This stock lacks some of the adjustment and perhaps other benefits of practical stocks, so if you use your gun for serious purposes, you would need to swap stocks for play time.

I doubt it is the best stock for clearing your house or target work.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
I think it's just another useless gadget.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
I think it's just another useless gadget.

And one that has a "wow factor" of about 15 minutes, or whenever the operator runs out of ammo. Whichever comes first.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
.I won't get one, but OK, its got some cool factor....However, if you are using an oversize trigger guard, it won't work....
 sho
and you have to adjust your shooting a bit, as you are using your handguard hand to push fwd. in addition to cradling. Your trigger finger just goes along for the "ride".

+1 tw.... 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:41:13 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk