Author Topic: Atlantic Firearms/Denver FFL  (Read 5052 times)

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Atlantic Firearms/Denver FFL
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
Hi all. I am considering an Oly Arms K16 from Atlantic Firearms. Any stories about Atlantic I should hear?

Also, this is my first mail order gun and I would appreciate any recommendations/warnings on Denver-area FFLs.

drcagle

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Atlantic Firearms/Denver FFL
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
My son-in-law and I both just completed an order from atlantic firearms (picked them up from the FFL last Thursday).  We both ordered fairly basic Olympic ar-15s (my first) and we are VERY pleased.  No trouble with the order and it came quickly.  Two things:  Have a FFL lined up first and then call them to make sure they have what you want in stock.   I did both and now I'm out to buy more 223 ammo. 

No info on your area FFLs.  I'm from North Carolina.

Good luck,
Danny

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
I odered a semi basic Oly Ar15 because the basic model was out of stock. When I received it, it was the basic model. Called A.A., they sent out the adj. stock thatI paid for, and told me to keep wrong stock for free. Other than a minor problem, it was a great transaction. On other boards, they are not talked highly of (Olympia Arms), but I've had no problems. I'm not a high volume shooter, so that may not an accurate assessment, just my experience.   :-\

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:29:25 PM »
I have had my Oly AR15 with an upper with 24" target barrel and an upper with 16" barrel.  Great accuracy on both.  I have used Lake City ammo and reloads.  I reload 90% of my ammo.  Don't worry about the Oly brand, you should have no problem and if you do, they will probably take care of it.  Have used military M16's and Colt ARs, the Oly is as good as any of the ones I have used.  Haven't had any other brand of commerical AR so I cannot compare, sure they are all pretty good also.
DesertMarine

woodsman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »
I recommend Prairie Arms in Littleton.

http://www.prairiearms.com/

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:46:58 AM »

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:30:57 AM »
I recommend Prairie Arms in Littleton.

http://www.prairiearms.com/

I've done business with them, good people.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »
I've done business with them, good people.
I agree, Jensen Arms in Loveland is were I have done most of my gun needs.

www.jensenarms.com
Colorado's premier Tactical Firearms Dealer.

Good luck.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
I ended up going with Green Mountain Guns in Lakewood, for convenience sake. I also wasn't impressed with the customer service at Prairie Arms. Green Mountain charged $25 and has a friendly staff.

I decided to go with the K3B with fixed carry handle and A2 sights. After a week of waiting for it to ship I emailed Atlantic to make sure I hadn't screwed up the order. They apologized for the delay and (completely without prompting) upgraded me to a flattop upper with removable carry handle. :)

Also, I fell victim to the Obama gun run and it ended up taking over 6 hours for CBI to run my "instant" background check. Fortunately, I was able to get to the range on Saturday and I was very happy with the rifle. My new PMags don't drop free from the mag well, but other than that I had no issues.

Thanks for all the feedback on Atlantic and Denver FFLs.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
congrats on the new Atlantic. Got it just in time. ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk