Author Topic: ar15.com  (Read 18681 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ar15.com
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »
For those of you who've never gone there, good website. A lot of articles and good trading or buying. Thought I would pass on a good tip, ( although it means I might miss a deal ) . The equipment exchange forum is very good. To refine it even further, after joining, go to ( hometown) , pick your state, go to the hometown equipment exchange, and you will see lots of things for sale in your state or hometown, at least within driving distance. Lots of face to face transactions, ( be aware at all times, but I've had good luck ) just like ebay, check the persons feedback.  I think you will find persons just like you, who have good junk to trade, just not into that anymore.   CHECK IT OUT. www.ar15.com it's not just for black guns anymore. Make it one of your favorites on your pc, and you can check it several times a day in 30 seconds to a minute for upcoming deals.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: ar15.com
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »
This would be the same ar15.com that threw me off for being too "commercial?"

LOL!

It is a good forum, even if I'm not allowed on it!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:04 PM »
MY favorite forums are still DRTV and www.glocktalk.com. and the crimson trace forum is pretty good too. I'm on ar15.com every now and then too, but I never have been impressed or visited it much. Not that it's not a good forum, it just never caught my interest.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:17:37 AM »
This would be the same ar15.com that threw me off for being too "commercial?"

LOL!

It is a good forum, even if I'm not allowed on it!

Michael B

Isn't that the Forum that Jim Scoutin was promoting? 

Personally, I got bored with it and have been going to the olyarms forum more as far as the tactical rifle goes
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »
Isn't that the Forum that Jim Scoutin was promoting?
now lets see here. Scoutin or Bane...... I dont even think it is a race. If they are too good for Mr. Bane then they are waaaaay to "highsocitity" for me. ;)
I am also very against parkinglot traders/trading, conducting themselfs like criminals or acting like drug dealers. If you have not observed it you wouldnt understand. But rest assured those that have are noding as they read. My family do not need there hard looks walking into Wallyworld. Its only a opinion but its mine.
Tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:58:32 PM »

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:04:27 AM »
I have never heard Michael believing the AR15 forum is high society - even though he got kicked out from the site.  ;D

DRTV has the AR15 forum as one of the forums listed on our links page and will continue to do so.

Our mission is also to promote the shooting sports and gun ownership in general. Our challenge is always the fine line between commercial marketing and plain promotion on behalf of our fellow shooters, gun owners, the organizations and the industry. We try to combine all these elements the best way we can.

Now.... some times, we get criticized for stepping over the line and receive an uppercut because of it.

Since we are active shooters, gun owners and Second Amendment absolutists, we get enthusiastic and forget sometimes that others may look at us as if we just promote our own interests. It is just something we have to deal with, keep the head straight, smile and move on. We also have to face the fact that it is a matter of opinion where the line goes.

My personal opinion is that all sites out there that round up people with common interests and and can bring more shooters to the range, have a purpose. Even with a Michael Bane Ban attached to it....  ;)

Well..... maybe he will be pardoned one day. Who knows...  ;D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
well put Marshal  8)
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »
I have never heard Michael believe the AR15 forum is high society - even though he got kicked out from the site.  ;D

DRTV has the AR15 forum as one of the forums listed on our links page and will continue to do so.

Our mission is also to promote the shooting sports and gun ownership in general. Our challenge is always the fine line between commercial marketing and plain promotion on behalf of our fellow shooters, gun owners, the organizations and the industry. We try to combine all these elements the best way we can.

Now.... some times, we get criticized of stepping over the line and receive an uppercut because of it.

Since we are active shooters, gun owners and Second Amendment absolutists, we get enthusiastic and forget sometimes that others may look at us as if we just promote our own interests. It is just something we have to deal with, keep the head straight, smile and move on. We also have to face the fact that it is a matter of opinion where the line goes.

My personal opinion is that all sites out there that round up people with common interests and and can bring more shooters to the range, have a purpose. Even with a Michael Bane Ban attached to it....  ;)

Well..... maybe he will be pardoned one day. Who knows...  ;D
I was just reacting to the idea that Michael was kicked off for being to commercial...it just seamed a little weird.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
I'll have to admit I'm surprised at some of the replies. I certainly did not know Michael was kicked off, there is no contest between Michael and Jim, nor their shows. My money's always on Michael so far, and Shooting Gallery is the best shooting show ever, not kissing up, it just is. I look forward to listening to the podcasts every ( now wednesday ), I do that at lunch in our company breakroom and enjoy the views and the passion. I've been promoting the shooting world for 25 years, as a range officer, instructor, match director, board member at my local gun club, cub scout leader, and when I had an FFL, I sold guns to people that had never owned one at cost, to get one more gun owner in the fold that now has something to lose.

As to parking lot deals, why not meet someone at the gunrange, or as I have, at my place of business in broad daylight. My first purchase on ar15.com was a Leupold Mk4 M3 3.5x10 illuminated scope with mil dot reticle, slightly used and was 720.00 shipped, done through the mail, and I love it. Retail is 1100.00 dollars. I have to admit after that I was hooked. Some of us have money to play, and some of us don't. Thats why I learned to tune my own firearms. Make my own holsters, load my own ammo.
A point of interest, Bill Wilson, Ed Brown, Les Bauer, Bill Laughridge, Virgil Tripp, Chip McCormick, Hamilton Bowen, etc... do not have certificates on their walls, from the gunsmithing college they attended. They had a need that was too expensive to fill, or no one out their making the gun they wanted to make. So they studied the design, made it for themselves, tested it and improved it, into what we have today. Bless them, as they have been an inspiration to me.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 05:34:18 PM »
Nice deal on that Leupold scope, m25!

No big thing on getting tossed off. The truth is that Scoutten was first to put up the money to sponsor the Forum, so that buys him the right to kick my butt around the block there. The specific incident for which I was thrown off was when I announced on the Forum that you could sign up at DOWN RANGE to win the Bruce Gray 1911...boooooiiiinnnnggg!...away I went! The 1911 Forum also threw me off for the same reason...unauthorized giving away of a 1911! The head of another Forum, which shall remain nameless, phoned me up after I posted on the 1911 giveaway and called me a "miserable f&^&head" and a "piece of s^&t." Heck, I thought he was my friend.

Fun with the Internet!

Too many people apparently have too much personal cred invested in their anonymous Internet personas...you can't believe every smiley  :)  face you see, apparently...and there's 'way too many strange and arbitrary rules attached to some Forums. There's also a certain level of hipocrasy involved, because several of the Forums mentioned had actively solicited me to post — their Forum members liked to hear from people whose names they recognized, I was told...sort of an UNPAID celebrity endorsement. In truth, all Forums are commercial ventures. The only thing I really have to complain about, aside from being called a f%^&head by an alleged friend, is that I attempted to contact the moderators of the Forums to formally apologize and to ask if we could clarify what I had done to be "Banned for Life" and how I might go about lifting that ban. No one from either the 1911 Forum or the AR15 Forum responded to any of my requests.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk