Author Topic: AR-10 Scope Suggestions  (Read 14041 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
AR-10 Scope Suggestions
« on: November 08, 2008, 07:32:39 AM »
I'd appreciate some comments about experience or thought on scoping an AR-10.  I didn't get the collapsible stock carbine it's the 20" barrel model.  So here's some considerations, I have AR-15 poodle shooters and a Model 700 for longer range precision shooting....I'm wanting to fit this inbetween the AR-15's and the Model 700.  Something compatible with NV with bullet drop compensation would be nice.  I'm planning to use this when it's windy for coyotes at longer ranges (150-350 yards) during the day and at night to protect cattle. 

Also...I searched Midway, CDNN and a couple others for extra mags for the AR-10.  Does anyone know who is selling them online besides Armalite?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR-10 Scope Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »
I cannot find mags either, and I have run out of places to search.  Any help form anybody on that topic is much appreciate.

As for scope suggestions I am looking fo the same answer. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
Have you tried www.suarezinternational.com ?
I don't know if they have AR 10 Mags but they ARE stocking up on all the standard cap mags they can get so it's worth a try.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
I have a Leupold 3.5x10 Mark 4, M3 with illuminated mildot that is my favorite, I have the 4.5x14 and the 6.5x20 in the mark 4 series, but the eye relief changes too much between power settings for quick gun mounting to the shoulder. The Leupold 1.5x5 is a great choice for .223, but I'd like a little more for 500 yards, especially looking for dogs. Burris is a good choice and their extreme series looks good, but I don't know anybody that has one, and they are hundreds of dollars less than leupold. Don't forget the samplelist.com of swfa, for used, trade in or demo scopes.

Good luck.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 06:37:22 AM »
Does Trijicon make an ACOG for 7.62 drop?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:48:38 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »
Leupold will make you a custom turret for you rifle, caliber, and exact bullet specs....... then just range the target and dial it in.

https://customshop.leupold.com/custom_shop.php
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk