Author Topic: AR-15 /.22 conversion  (Read 3045 times)

bucktracker

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AR-15 /.22 conversion
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:59 AM »
Has anyone used or own a .22 conversion kit for their AR?
I'm looking to shoot more and spend less$ on ammo and it could be a fun a shooter.
Any recommendations?? I have a Bushmaster carbon15
"Live free or Die"

tombogan03884

Re: AR-15 /.22 conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
  When I was in the NG we used the Ciener conversion, It worked all right but I understand that he is a pr!ck to deal with.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »
I have a Tactical Solutions dedicated upper.  Here is a link to the one I have.  They also have a lite weight one.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=27&idproduct=877
They are also availabe here if they ahve any in stock, i understand ther is quite a ait for them now.
http://www.mizzoumuleguns.com/
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

dnittler

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:30 AM »
I got the Spikes Tactical .22 conversion packaged with the Black Dog 27 round mag.

I would not recommned that anyone buy a conversion kit unless for some crazy reason you like:

shooting for hours on end.
running through mag fulls of ammo over and over
getting a tired trigger fingger
smiling from ear to ear
paying $13 for 550 rounds of ammo
did I mention shooting ALOT.

You skill level will increase dratically. I don't see any downside. I run mine in a 14.5" LMT upper 1:7 twist, and I can ping 4" circles out to 50 yards all day long.

It is bar none, the best accessory you can buy for your AR. There is no downside.

I would recommend that you get in the habit of properly lubing your hammer trigger and sear disengagemetn areas and leaving the none moving parts in you lower compeltely dry (like your supposed to). the .22 powder mixed with a large amount of CLP turns to sludge. Obviously when you slap your normal bolt carrier group you want to lube it up pretty good.

MHarvey124

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
I had a conversion kit for about 2 weeks. Loved the thing. Loved it so much that I decided a dedicated upper was the way to go for me.

I have a dedicated upper from Spikes Tactical and its a freakin blast to shoot.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:19:13 AM »

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »
I have a TacSol upper, mounted on a Colt LE6920 lower, set up with a Aimpoint T1 and LaRue BUIS.  At first light primer strikes were common, but a trip to the factory has it running like a champ.

At first TacSol was not going to use normal FSB on the upper, but use simple gas blocks (unconnected) on the barrel.  I have an early proto-type that had a normal front sight.  Not marked F, so it'll need a taller post.

On the range it is only given away by the Black Dog magazines and when the ejection port is open.

I secured a decent quantity of Black Dog magazines, along with their loader.  http://blackdogmachinellc.net/

I can do about 80% of the drills that I can do with the full caliber gun, at a fraction of the cost.  This thing has some future to it.

Next, a GemTech can is going on the front end.
Kilroy...

...was here.

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 11:41:45 PM »
Next, a GemTech can is going on the front end.

You can buy the fully integrated suppressed upper from Tactical Solutions.

I have their 1911 conversion kit with the treaded barrel and I plan on getting a dedicated upper for my JP-15 too. I think I will go with a separate can so I can use it for both.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk