Author Topic: Are you kidding me?  (Read 8089 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Are you kidding me?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »
I think it depends on the TYPE of hunt.

Back two years ago when feral hogs totally destroyed my uncle's corn crop and about half of his peanuts, we would have used hand grenades if we had them. We used traps, lights, shotguns, rifles, handguns, bows, whatever we had on hand and who ever we had on hand to try to take out as many as possible. We weren't "hunting" by the traditional sense of the word, we were trying to thin out or control a "pest". All with the blessings of farmers and the DNR Rangers.
It was a lot different than a traditional stalking hunt.

I do agree that young hunters need to learn the traditional sporting methods and employ them when on a 'traditional' type hunt.

Like I said, I think it all depends on the need, as to the application of skills and equipment.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »
I have to agree with sanjuancb on this one. The first thing I noticed in that pic was the suppressor. Now when I purchased my suppressor, I was given a form that explicitly said that it was illegal to hunt with it in every state. Has this changed??? Personally I don't care, if you've got it, use it. That being said, I enjoy the challenge of the hunt, which is probably why I go every year, and the only thing I carry is my old Winchester Model 70.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

nupe

• Very Active Forum Member
  • 4/19/1775
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »
I'm not sure if this is what Haz was talking about or not, but IMO it is important to learn the traditional way of hunting (as was stated before).  It's also important to learn the actual shooter aspect of it as well, mainly learning how to shoot correctly, judge your distance and windage and humidity and all of that, and also to atleast know the new technologies and how to use them.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
I have to agree with sanjuancb on this one. The first thing I noticed in that pic was the suppressor. Now when I purchased my suppressor, I was given a form that explicitly said that it was illegal to hunt with it in every state. Has this changed??? Personally I don't care, if you've got it, use it. That being said, I enjoy the challenge of the hunt, which is probably why I go every year, and the only thing I carry is my old Winchester Model 70.

It has never been " illegal to hunt with it in every state. " I know for a fact that They have been used by hunters hired to thin out deer herds in residential areas for the last 35 years here.

This is a pointless debate and WAY off topic.

nupe

• Very Active Forum Member
  • 4/19/1775
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:58 PM »
Has anyone heard much about the release of the FNH SCAR 17s?

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:54:45 AM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
Pegleg, you are right. Big difference in land owner rights when it comes to cultivation of crops to the average hunt. Anything goes when it comes to growing your bread and butter and I would annihilate anything that would strip food and money from my family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk