Author Topic: AR-15 Sling Question..  (Read 10762 times)

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR-15 Sling Question..
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
Erik,

One thing that I wish that Viking had more of were some good pictures.  I read the instructions, but I am not quite sure how you would do a transition to your weak side if needed.  It seems that you would have to slip your weak arm out, leaving it around your neck only to get into that position.  Is that correct?

To me it looks like they took the Israeli sling, and with some changes came up with a better idea..  neat.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 07:20:33 AM »
Bidah,
       I really can't say.  My problem is that I don't go bilateral.  I'm not a shoulder switcher.  I stay strong shoulder throughout, so I've never really evaluated the slings for use with bilateral techniques.  I would think you could just loosen the whole unit and give yourself plenty of slack and switch shoulders without much trouble, but I don't know for certain.

I do know a guy who uses this sling and goes bilateral.  Let me check with him and I'll get back to you.

Erik
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 08:11:54 AM »
I''ve got a sling from Blackhawk (can't remember the model) that has a quick release buckle for transitioning to weak-side shoulder.  Admittedly, I haven't compared it to much, and I don't shoot 3-gun, but I love this sling.  YMMV.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk