Author Topic: AR15 .22LR Conversion  (Read 6002 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AR15 .22LR Conversion
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:42:01 PM »
Anyone have experience with a .22lr conversion for your AR15? I'm looking at this one from Jonathan Arthur Ciener.

www.22lrconversions.com

Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: AR15 .22LR Conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
I too have entertained the idea of getting one.  I have heard good things overall at ARFcom, and there are some things that can be done to make the work better.  I do know that there is a company in Idaho, I believe.. Mad Dog or something like that, making good reliable mags for it, and they are regular AR size magazines.

From what I have read, they seem to be more accurate with the 1/12 twist rate A1 rifles, but work well from the 1/9 as well.  It does appear to be barrel dependent though.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
I've used the Ciener and they work pretty well, I own a CZ VZ22 upper and it's very cool. I've shot the DPMS, dedicated upper too, it shoots real well. Have to keep the CZ and the DPMS clean, or at about 300 rounds the rounds will go off out of battery and sometimes damage the magazine.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »
I order the one from Jonathan Arthur Ciener yesterday. 4-8 week delivery time. I'll post a report when I try it out.

www.22lrconversions.com
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:05:51 AM »
Good morning. Belatedly reporting, I have a Ciener conversion that has worked flawlessly in each of 3 ARs I dropped it in. Santa put a Black Dog AR15/.22 hi-cap mag in my stocking this year and both items worked great in my Patrolman carbine. I was zeroing in my Bushnell HOLOscope at an indoor (no rifle caliber allowed) range. Blackdogmachine@msn.com. Got all thru Sportsman's Guide. Much cheap fun! Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:13:50 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk