Author Topic: AR Sling mount  (Read 6860 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: AR Sling mount
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
GREAT SUGGESTION!  Thanks!

Electrical tape?  Hockey tape?  What would work best?

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
Green military duct tape. Electrical tape is to shiny hockey tape is perfect if it isn't white, I don't know if you can get it in other colors.

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
And actually made VERY well from what I can tell so far.  At least the steel it's made from is VERY well hardened, enough Atlas himself won't be bending it with his bare hands! 

The site says it's AISI 1050 Spring steel, hardened.  It's not going anywhere, should be good to Rockwell 70 or higher.  Might break if you tried to bend it in a vice or something but it's plenty strong enough for a sling mount.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »
Try cloth camo tape. Any decent archery shop should have it. Understand that once its on, its on, and there will be razorblades and alchohol to remove it, but I've used it on my bows for years to suppress flash and rattle. The more it gets wet and drys, the firmer it gets stuck. Important note. Putting it on is ideally a two person job, as you want it stretched TIGHT before applying. The stuff is great, its like a sticky ace bandage.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
Try cloth camo tape. Any decent archery shop should have it. Understand that once its on, its on, and there will be razorblades and alchohol to remove it, but I've used it on my bows for years to suppress flash and rattle. The more it gets wet and drys, the firmer it gets stuck. Important note. Putting it on is ideally a two person job, as you want it stretched TIGHT before applying. The stuff is great, its like a sticky ace bandage.
FQ13

BM, USE THIS, I DIDN'T THINK OF IT BUT IT'S PERFECT.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:34:09 AM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »
Holy crap.............FQ just came up with a solution to a problem............instead of...........well...........you know............being the problem.  ;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 03:02:13 AM »
GENIUS IDEA!  BassPro is 10 minutes down the road, and I'd bought some of that stuff from them for on a tree stand years ago.  So I know they've got it.  Also thinking maybe heat shrink tubeing might be a good idea (I've got a TON of that in my tool box)  :-\

This is the sling I ordered (CAA OPS1), looks like if I'm SUPER lucky that foam inside the sling should help. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »
Heat shrink tubing may be shiny. I agree with you on the foam of the sling. After you get it all together, give it a good shake to see if it rattles.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 07:23:28 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
Still waiting for the sling to arrive.  BUT, I woke up at about 4:30 am the other night with the answer!

The CAA sling uses a caribiner as the clasp, pull out the caribiner and replace it with about three wraps of para-cord!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk