Author Topic: 2 New Yugo Underfolders!  (Read 8006 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: 2 New Yugo Underfolders!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »
What do you think about the underfold stocks? I've always thought they were cool, but been a bit sketical about durability and acuraccy.
FQ13

I actually purchased them because they were underfolders. All of my other AK's have fixed wood, or polymer stocks. I thought much the same as you, I was skeptical of their durability as well. These are very well constructed, and lock up nice and tight. The pivotable butt pad is designed so that when the weapon is shouldered it pushes it against the stop, and will not collapse until you deliberately move it by hand. Both of mine are centered perfectly with zero misalignment. They swing into the collapsed position with a 30 round magazine in the gun without contacting anything.

I've handled Romanian underfolders before and they did not exhibit the quality of the Yugo models. I'm not saying they are "bad", but when compared side by side the Yugo wins hands down. About the only beef I have with most any AK is the length of pull is much too short for me. This on both solid stocked models, as well as underfolders. I guess Europeans have short arms!  Bill T.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »
+1 for length of pull being way too short.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
I'm new and I hate you. You walked away with a good deal. I can only afford sks. After my last deployment and 6th kid my wife told me to go get a toy that I deserved for being away for 16 months. Was going to pick up the winchester model 70 in 270 but one of the kids screwed up and had to pay a medical bill so I picked up the sks instead.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Comment of the day award!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
I'm new and I hate you.

Comment of the day award!

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk