Author Topic: There is always one.  (Read 6170 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: There is always one.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »
Rastus, this is the time when you crawl under that nice new pickup with an engraver, and mark the tranny case in a couple of spots to easily prove if they actually replace it or just claim to.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:58 PM »
Rastus, this is the time when you crawl under that nice new pickup with an engraver, and mark the tranny case in a couple of spots to easily prove if they actually replace it or just claim to.

Yep.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 07:00:52 AM »
Well, you would have thought they would have called me yesterday.  I was told I would get a call.  Of course, the Ford dealer said I would get a call on Friday and on Monday and I finally had to call them just before quitting time on Friday and Monday.  I will say that Ford corporate called me back and I am pleased with Ford corporate.  It's a shame the dealer isn't performing.

Marking that transmission is an excellent idea, but since they did not call yesterday I'm giving it to a lawyer.  I can wait a while...until we have electronic records, shop records, and 4 depositions.  I'm pretty certain I'll get a new transmission and the paperwork that supports it now without having to crawl under the truck.....or a new truck with exactly what I want and the same aftermarket upgrades.

Oh.  And if they do anything to the truck I don't like, that will be a shame.  No repairs have been authorized. 

Gee I hate this.  My first new vehicle in over 13 years.  I had to wait 3 months because I ordered pretty much what I wanted; something decked out without the full console (I wanted bench leather), without high priced premium package trim and $25k less than premium package (well, maybe $23-1/2k after I put the new step on it...if I keep it) with everything but the power step.  It spent a week and a half at the audio shop having soundproofing installed along with a stereo.  Nice quiet truck...the engine sound purred through just right...8 cylinder no eco-six banger.  I was looking at a Rousch upgrade to 600 HP a little later on...now this.

And my bass boat electronics upgrades are three weeks behind so far.....

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk