Author Topic: BLR Project just got real.  (Read 18446 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BLR Project just got real.
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »
I think something with a hydration bladder would be a good option... I don't plan on going anywhere, but if necessary, the contents of this Blackhawk HydraStorm I got off the prize table at a 3 gun match could be lightened and still have the water transport... pack and  contents are around 17# without water... I use the pack to keep the stuff in my car organized... the crate holds heavier gear, and the dry box is my car FAK

Timothy

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »
Yes, the Condor and the 5.11 Tactical have a bladder compartment as well and a bit less cost.  80-140 bucks...

Curious if anyone here has tried either?

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
Something this AM got me thinking about having a couple of gallon ziplock bags in the vehicles.

Phx got historic rain last night...as in, the most in one day EVER since they started keeping records.
I-17, I-10, US60, SR 51, 202, 303, 143 basically EVERY freeway/highway around the valley, all had areas of closures due to flooding. A-DOT says the 'magic' number for the pumps to fail is 1" in one hour. Phx got almost 4" from midnight to 0300. I-10 was a lake with cars nearly submerged. SUVs had water up to the door handles or higher.
Fustercluck! 

If my truck got stuck, smashed, whatever and I had to bail in the wet, I would want to keep my wallet. phone, radar detector and I-pod dry. The guns don't care and neither do the mags but the electro gizmos are worth too much to buy again. 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2014, 03:05:37 PM »
The guns and mags care when the water is from the sea!  I carry several in both vehicles. 

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »
Toss in a few bags of silica gel as well, KM. One thing I found out the hard way in my move to the midwest from the desert is that more water = more moisture in the air = more rust.
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

Sponsor

« Reply #75 on: Today at 11:27:32 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
I won't steal from Kevin's Facebook post about the rain in Phoenix.   But here's one from the last rain you had.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
Well, as I just stole YOUR image and posted it on Facebook... :D
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2014, 02:16:06 PM »
Toss in a few bags of silica gel as well, KM. One thing I found out the hard way in my move to the midwest from the desert is that more water = more moisture in the air = more rust.

Like me, you must have had a/c when you lived here. I once lived in a house in Phx that only had a swamp cooler (really sucked!!) and found that Wow, you really do have to have oil on steel.

The guns and mags care when the water is from the sea!  I carry several in both vehicles.

If there is sea water in AZ, things just got really really bad.
(or CA fell off and things just got much better ;D)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »
If there is sea water in AZ, things just got really really bad.
(or CA fell off and things just got much better ;D)

I found sharks teeth in the high mesas of NM back in the 60's, ya never know!!!

;)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
Back on survival.   Tell me what you think about this definition.

I'm writing a thesis on this and one of my points is the kits I am making are for "disasters" not for everyday knee scrapes and bee stings.  You should have an "everyday" first aid kit in the home and in the car for that, totally separate from the Get Home or Bug Out bag

So what is the definition of a "disaster"?   How does that differ from a 48 car pile up on the interstate with multiple deaths and serious injuries?   

A true disaster is when 911 is not going to come to your aid.  It is when you can’t call emergency services, or if you do reach them, they can’t possible get to you.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk