Author Topic: Heaven was needing a hero..  (Read 11177 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Heaven was needing a hero..
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
We lost a young man here in our town 2 days ago who was fighting in Iraq.
He leaves a young wife and 3 little kids.
This was posted for him on his memorial page.
(It's a grabber)  :'(

May we not ever forget our brave men and women who have forever fought for our country.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Heaven was needing a hero..
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:20:06 PM »
God bless his family and this country for the abundance of HEROES we have!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:14:08 AM »
All my Uncles served in WWII, my Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease caused by the concussion of mortar shells when he was earning his Silver Star Medal as a Marine Machine gun Section Leader in Korea, a guy I knew growing up carries shrapnel from Vietnam, several of my NCO's in the Marines (77-80) had served in Vietnam, a Friend of mine contracted Hepatitis (infected by transfusion) after being wounded in the first Gulf War, and we also had at least one young man from this area (Laconia NH) killed serving with 10th Mountain Infantry in Iraq this time around.
Every Saturday we have 2-6 left over hippies holding a "Peace Vigil" downtown, my routine often requires me to go past them. As a student of history they infuriate me to the point where I once confronted one of them about a sign they display that reads "War is not the answer" I pointed out that war certainly answered Hitler. As a Veteran, Friend, acquaintance and relative of Veterans, I would really like to Taser these a*&holes, repeatedly.
However I recently had an epiphany (religious revelation) these peace activists are a genuine, living, oxymoron. They are exercising their first amendment rights to protest the injustice of war. HOWEVER, they only have that right because of the sacrifices made by other, better, braver, more public spirited people, IN WAR. If they were TRULY going to reject war and the spoils of war then they would surrender their right to free speech. The truth of the matter is that they are not protesting WAR, They are actually protesting their own cowardice and inadequacy by trying to demean Men and Women who have, through their own sacrifice, showed themselves to be better people than the "peace activists" could ever hope to be.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:33:00 AM »
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:05:25 AM »
AMEN!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:19:21 AM »

Gunnutz13

• Forum Member
  • DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »
Yea, Marshal'ette...the price of freedom is paid for by the blood of patriots.

My wife ( SgtMaj US ARMY retired ) and I are involved with a great organization that helps wounded heroes through charitable events and donations...Operation First Response

http://www.operationfirstresponse.org

From their website, here is a small part of their mission statement:

It is our sincerest hope to educate Americans across the nation to the needs our wounded are facing, we believe with all our hearts that by giving them the respect and honor rightfully due them we will be able to give them the hope of a promising future.

In doing this we will ensure that all that have worn the "Uniform" will be an instant reminder to all Americans that a Hero stands before us...one of courage, strength and love for their country and whether their injuries are visible or not...

We will never forget... all gave some and some gave all!

If you can donate time, resources...or cash...to help a wounded HERO...please consider this organization...as it is but a small way of showing our warfighters that we appreciate their sacrifices...

Gunnutz13
<----------------------------------------------------->

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  -- Thomas Jefferson

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »
Matthew 5:9
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
TOUJOURS PRET
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »
TOUJOURS PRET

?  Mark Twain said bad things about people who sprinke their writing with foriegn words and phrases.   ::)

Ronald38

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
Thank God we have been fortunate to see a few good men and women willing to stand and fight for what is right.  If we ever do not have these fighters we are doomed.  God Bless them all.  Ron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk