Author Topic: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend  (Read 16589 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »
...... At a movie theater in North Charleston SC......

I had to go back to the car to lock up my concealed carry piece because they had a sign posted. I guess I am just too big of a threat to the public to carry a LEGALLY concealed firearm into a movie theater on a Friday night .....  ::) ...... Its a good thing they had that big sign posted of a gun with a red line through it..... I mean who knows how many people could have gotten killed if I, a law abiding citizen who has undergone an extensive background check by our State Law Enforcement Division and who has also been certified in the classroom and on the firing line, tried to sit there and enjoy a movie while having a gun on my person....... I mean, just think of how many lives that sign saved that night..... hell, think of how many lives that sign saves every year...... Who ever came up with that thing has done us all a great service...... I know that if we just put those things up everywhere, gun crime will end instantly........ There was no gun crime at the movie theater that night, so one could only conclude that it was because they designated this establishment as a gun free zone and posted that amazing life saving sign....... oh, wait....... maybe it was because of the 8 cops they had working there that night and the 6 police cars parked out front (literally -- Im not joking). 

Contact Info:
Corp Customer Relations: 1-877-TELLREGAL
Regal Entertainment Group corporate offices 
7132 Regal Lane  Knoxville, Tennessee 37918 
Phone: 1-865-922-1123 
Fax: 1-865-922-3188 

Regal Charles Towne Square 18
2401 Mall Drive
North Charleston, SC 29406
(843) 554-6120

*They will be getting my 2 cents, and I will be also forwarding it on to a local grass roots organization..... they are like our State's equivalent of the NRA. They specialize in tearing companies a new one for posting these no carry signs
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Timothy

Re: I got "Gun-Free Zoned" this weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
Maybe they were looking for the Governor!  I hear it went on a "Walkabout"... ;D

Were the cops checking people?  I've gone into stores like BassPro that post a sign.  I don't check my sidearm.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:03:25 PM »
Was there a metal detector ?

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:30 PM »
I don't know where you live Eric, but is it a crime to carry in a marked "no gun zone"? Personally, I try to respect these just out of courtesy to the property owner (their house, their rules and if I don't like it I know where the door is). That said, if its a PITA to lose the gun or I don't feel safe, I develop a sudden case of poor eyesight and just didn't see the sign officer.
FQ13

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
No metal detector means I don't care what signs they have up. You're not breaking the law, just ignoring their rules. If they happen to notice and say something, then leave. Of course if they were that dead set against me carrying, I probably wouldn't frequent them anyway.

Sometimes it's just nice to do something that you know would piss off some anti-gunner.

There has been more than one occassion I've walked into a place and done a 360 when I saw the metal detector.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:17:46 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
No metal detector means I don't care what signs they have up. You're not breaking the law, just ignoring their rules. If they happen to notice and say something, then leave. Of course if they were that dead set against me carrying, I probably wouldn't frequent them anyway.

Sometimes it's just nice to do something that you know would piss off some anti-gunner.

There has been more than one occassion I've walked into a place and done a 360 when I saw the metal detector.
Actually, a 360 would just confuse them. I think you meant a 180. ;D
FQ13

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
Actually, a 360 would just confuse them. I think you meant a 180. ;D
FQ13

Well, that's the point. Confuse them and sneak past when they're trying to figure it out.

Hey, some of us had to WORK all day and are tired.  ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Steyr M40A1

• Top Forum Member
  • Steyr MxA1 Series Pistols
    • My pistol picts
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
I too ignore those signs. I like to follow the law not popular tripe.
Richard Cook

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch" -Babj615 Steyrclub.com

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." Benjamin Franklin

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »
I too ignore those signs. I like to follow the law not popular tripe.

Well, In my neck of the woods violating a posted sign is against the law. Saying you "did not see the sign" would not be enough to get you out of some deep doodoo if you got nailed. If they post an approved sign and it was posted on the door you entered through, then you are pretty much screwed. I obeyed the sign and put my gun in the car. I was with a group and did not want to ruin the evening for everyone, plus the tickets were already paid for.... otherwise, I would have denied them my business and gone home.

This was the first time in a very long time I had seen a sign posted and was very surprised. My state is pretty good about not creating gun free zones -- you know except for the typical "sensitive areas" like the post office and any government building.  ::)

Was there a metal detector ?

No, but with the way the cop at the main entrance was looking me over, I can now say that I know how Squibby must feel when she is out for a night on the town.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 11:22:13 PM »
Up here the wise thing to do would be to admit to bad eyesight (not hard in my case), but that is not necessary.  The only way to get in trouble is if they know you are carrying, and if they use that knowledge to ask you to leave, and if they know you are carrying and ask you to leave and you do not, then you are in trouble.  However, if they ask if you are carrying and you say not, there is nothing they can do.  If you screw up and they see your gun and ask you to leave you must.

Outside of schools, courthouses, police stations, etc., I have a problem very similar to colorblindness.  I was in my banker's office on a 90+ degree day with my suit coat on (dead giveaway), and he asked me if I was carrying.  I admitted it to him, and his only request was that I not shoot him in a robbery.  Banks post as a requirement of their insurance companies, and many bankers ignore it.

Bottom line - I would not have gone back to the car.  I would have carried in, but I don't know your laws.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk