Author Topic: Just wondering about the Para-Ordnance Tactical Target Rifle???  (Read 10721 times)

Timothy

Re: Just wondering about the Para-Ordnance Tactical Target Rifle???
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »
They were getting some bad press for MIM parts.  I did a bit of research after Peglegs review a bit ago.  I took mine apart before I put her up for consignment and couldn't find any in mine.  It's been Timex reliable on everything I've thrown through it.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
well...just for comparison sake...let's look at the SCAR....

folding stock, yep!

adjustable stock, yep!

in .223, yep!

takes AR mags, yep!

price point, right around $2,200 from what I gathered off of gunbroker.com

looking at the Para Ordnance TTR on gunbroker, if you can believe gunbroker's pricing is most likely between $1,500 to $2,000...

yeah, for $200 more I would rather buy the SCAR and look like one of the really cool kids on the block.

if Para could keep it under $1,500 I think they would have sold the bejeepers out of them.

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
well...just for comparison sake...let's look at the SCAR....

if Para could keep it under $1,500 I think they would have sold the bejeepers out of them.

But they didn't!

And, were they actually making any of those parts?  Doubtful and the sum total of anything in parts is far more than it's assembled counterpart!

Buy a Boss 302 in parts and you'll be out 100K.  Buy one off the showroom floor and you'll save at least 40K...

Either way, they got into rifles at the height of the madness and it didn't work.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
did they really even advertise the TTR?

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
the one I handled, but did not shoot, was nose heavy and the folding butt stock had a very uncomfortable cheek weld

Sponsor

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »
Timothy wrote:
Buy a Boss 302 in parts and you'll be out 100K.  Buy one off the showroom floor and you'll save at least 40K...

not to derail my own thread, but....do you have a link just so I could see what you are talking about?

I like the look of the old Mustangs.  I like the look of the new mustangs too.  I saw a 2010 or 2011 Shelby Cobra Mustang with a sticker price of $52K.   :-X

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
Timothy wrote:
not to derail my own thread, but....do you have a link just so I could see what you are talking about?

I like the look of the old Mustangs.  I like the look of the new mustangs too.  I saw a 2010 or 2011 Shelby Cobra Mustang with a sticker price of $52K.   :-X

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2012mustangboss/?searchid=61240949|2322893069|

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
The para rifles were real hard to find, there was a perceived demand for them if they could've come to market a little faster. By the time they hit Sig & Ruger had really beat them to the punch with a piston rifle for $300 - $500 less. I saw, I believe in the CDNN catalog closeout Para rifles for around $1300.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

BAC

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »
Was the Para even a piston rifle?  I thought it was a delayed impingement system or something like that.  Or is that their fancy way of saying it's a piston system?

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 07:07:19 PM »
Was the Para even a piston rifle?  I thought it was a delayed impingement system or something like that.  Or is that their fancy way of saying it's a piston system?

"The biggest difference between the Para TTR and other AR-style carbines is in the operating system. Licensed by ZM Weaponry, the Para TTR uses a trademarked Delayed Impingement Gas System (DIGS) designed by Allan Zitta to get the shooter back on target faster than any other rifle in its class. The system utilizes a unique modified gas key sporting a nickeled operating rod that runs through the upper receiver and over the barrel to the gas block where it sleeves the chrome-plated gas tube."

Swiped from the interweb...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk