Author Topic: Upgrades for my baby  (Read 6076 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Upgrades for my baby
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
Nice looking rifle.  What barrel and length?  What cheek rest?

26" Fluted Varmiter Barrel

Cheek pad is a Blackhawk.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ammo-Cheek-Pad,191,662.htm  This one.

I did that too, and I gotta say, it sucks! I was looking at all these old guns I didn't want that I inherited and saying, why do I want that? Lets trade it off for something I do want.My gun cabinet is a lot smaller, but I did check off the boxes I thought I wanted checked. Still? Wrong call! Keep most of your old guns, you won't miss them till they're gone. Just my .02.

The one that I sold was one that I built maybe 4 years ago and just never shot it. I liked it, it was a sweet set up. (DMPS .308 set to SR-25 Specs) but it never made it out of the cabinet. So why keep it. I would rather be dead on with one rifle than close enough with two.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 02:25:28 AM »
JC, thanks for the comeback.  Was the barrel stock on the receiver, or did you have it installed?  If not stock, what maker?  Thanks again.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »
JC, thanks for the comeback.  Was the barrel stock on the receiver, or did you have it installed?  If not stock, what maker?  Thanks again.

Barrel was stock. It was a Remmington 700 VSF. At least when I originally bought it. There have been some internal upgrades, trigger, bolt and matching my shell casings to the chamber. But the barrel is one of the few things I kept stock, and so far after putting about 1500 rds through it, I'm very pleased.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk