Author Topic: AR Butt Pad  (Read 2268 times)

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AR Butt Pad
« on: August 29, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
I'm looking for a butt pad for an AR that I put together. 6.8 SPC, so it recoils a little more than .223. It has an A2 fixed stock. Seems like everything fits adjustable stock. I prefer a bolt on versus slip on. Got any ideas where I can find anything like this?

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: AR Butt Pad
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
Checked Numrich, they have one for "CAR 15" here
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=m-16++butt+pad

I have a M-4 format 6.8, never noticed that much more recoil. Did you ever think about changing the front end and using a compensator? Something like this?
http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=37&idcategory=6

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
Thanx for the responses.

Path - That pad is made for an adjustable stock, I have a fixed one. The recoil isn't too bad, not much more than my M4 .233 caliber, it's more for a softer feel of the stock. My fixed stock has a VERY hard plastic pad, w/sharp edges. I really just wanted to soften it. My barrel is not threaded, so any type of flash suppressor/compensator/whatever is out of the question.

Jumbo - I found that also, but the reviews were HORRIBLE. Everyone complained of the screws pulling out, leads me to believe the material is too soft around the holes. Adding a washer might help, but I was hoping to avoid a bad product that I had to modify right out of the box.

Still looking for options.

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk