Author Topic: AMAC vs AARP vs Generation America  (Read 7911 times)

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AMAC vs AARP vs Generation America
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Hi;

I am getting to that point to where I may need some "backup" insurance and benefits as i get near total retirement. I do not belong to any such group as of yet....

1: is there any benefit to belonging to any of these groups.

2; I heard of AARP  and recently this AMAC group also a Generation America (?)....Whats the difference ?

3; Anybody here can tell me which is better to go with ?

Thanks for any replies

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMAC vs AARP vs Generation America
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:19:02 AM »
I have heard that AARP is a big supporter of most things Democrat. That's enough for me to keep throwing their crap in the trash when I get some in my mail.
Don't really know about the others, although the secretary in my shooting club keeps forwarding facebook stuff for AMAC. I believe they are a conservatively oriented version of AARP.
I really don't know any more than that.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »
You don't need AARP to buy supplemental insurance!  They're just playing marketer...  I avoid them for reasons already stated! 

For the amount of junk mail I get, I could start a recycling business!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »
What about American Seniors?  www.americanseniors.org

They claim to be conservative.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
Google aarp gun control or aarp anti-gun and you'll find plenty of links that show they don't support us. I never even heard of the other groups.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:00:39 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
Any new info here?  I want to start getting some of those discounts for being old and I don't want to be an AARP member.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
I just ask if there are discounts for age, NRA or AAA.

AARP blows.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
I joined AMAC just because I'm old enough and didn't want to support AARP.

They have benefits...but I've not needed to take advantage of them.

They do have a dental plan and I would be interested, but I have not compared it to anything else available.

I do like their outlook...when they take a political stance it is one I favor..so I don't mind supporting them and having the bennies available should I need them.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
I joined AMAC just because I'm old enough and didn't want to support AARP.

They have benefits...but I've not needed to take advantage of them.

They do have a dental plan and I would be interested, but I have not compared it to anything else available.

I do like their outlook...when they take a political stance it is one I favor..so I don't mind supporting them and having the bennies available should I need them.

+1

The wifey hit the magic number last October and signed up for AARP before I had the chance to let her know their stance.....but, they will only get that first $16 and it is over with. The biggest area for instant savings is on motel and car rental discounts....and we have not had need of that. We reserved a camping spot at the beach for later in the summer, and state parks don't take AARP.

I signed the wife up for AMAC because they are way more conservative, and offer many of the same discounts...they are relatively new (since 2006) and should offer more the longer they are around.

http://amac.us/benefits

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
AARP--American Association of Registered Progressives.  Freaking commie group that has yet to support anything aligned with a conservative stance.  They supported the abortion that is Odamnacare.

AMAC is a reasonably conservative alternative.  They are new, still small, but they are gaining ground rapidly.  They have most of if not all the discounts available through the commie group.  And they are high on this Rabbits list of good guys.

FWIW

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk